PAM Driver - Ask me anything.

Discussion in 'PAM' started by TwistedHellbilly, Sep 8, 2012.

1. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Good ol' Popup Fleet. Wal-Mart will run you until they physically and legally can't run you anymore then dump you to the side. Great miles. Get 'em while you can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cswann1

Cswann1 Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2012
    I suppose if you keep coming in from a run and saying "OK what's next" then yes, they probably will keep running you. But I have on two occasions turned in a trip sheet and said that I was done for the day to which they replied "OK, what time will you start in the morning?" Wal-Mart is paying P.A.M a good bit to help them with their seasonal transitions, but from what I can tell it's not like a forced-dispatch thing. I have been sleeping a full nights sleep every night, eating regular meals and showering when I need to.

4. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, if you tell them your done for the day they just assume your out of hours. They ran my 70 out every week when i pulled it

5. anthonybcox

anthonybcox Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2013
    If you have no experience and looking to start with someone try crete or total trucking companies so far they are the highest paid for student drivers. Both are starting out around 34 to 37 cents a mile after your training but if you are looking to go into team driving and you are just starting out then go with total make sure you have your hazemate and twic cards to make it worth your while.

6. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    Hey guys. The popup fleet for Walmart in Tobyhanna, PA is no joke. I did it for two weeks. All the loads were mainly thru the George Washington Bridge over to Long Island and some close to Newark in New Jersey. Not a very friendly trucker area.

There was this one walmart in Valley Stream. I got there and I was humble enough to admit that I couldn't back it in BLIND SIDE thru a very small curve then thru a small alleyway for about a quarter of a mile. I spoke with another driver from NFI that was there and he told me his safety guy was there and he deemed that place unsafe to back to. So then the walmart driver came and he said he wouldback it in for me. I didn't mind one bit.

The next day they send a one month rookie PAM driver to that very same Walmart. Needless to say he crashes the fence and they had to call a tow truck to get the trailer out of the ditch on the other side of the fence. Now this driver is without a job ... I really feel for the guy cause he didn't deserve to get sent there ... I've been on the road for a year and a half and I've never seen anything like that ... if I could've gotten it in there it would have taken me 3 to 4 hours cause I would've gotten out and looked every 2 feet ... A one month rookie didn't deserve to get put on NYC metro area detail ... its stressfull enough to go thru the GWB and dealing with NY traffic imagine getting to an imposible backing situation with a mere one month experience.... it was murder for the guy (shakes his head in disapointment)

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  7. cuz662

cuz662 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2013
    How are pams trainers and im from north mississippi how much hometime u think i will get

8. cuz662

cuz662 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Do u have to drive team with pam

9. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    You can get home every 3 to 4 weeks. But prepare to fight for it.

If you sign the contract you do; for 6 months at the least

10. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You ready to come over, airforce? ;) ;)

11. cuz662

cuz662 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2013
    My recruiter.said.after school.and orientation i wud be with.a.trainer 4to6 weeks.and.then i wud be solo in my own truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.