PAM Questions.

Discussion in 'PAM' started by n0dn4rb, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Peterbeatinit

Peterbeatinit Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio Tx

I would imagine that the accident one would be a PREVENTABLE accident..Even something you couldn't prevent had you been driving should not disqualify someone else.

IE stopped at a stoplight and get rear ended for example..this actually happened to me during a road test for the second company I drove for LOL

Petey

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollin2003

Rollin2003 Light Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Was not getting really specific, but like a backing into another trailer at the yard.
    But yes preventable ones while on the road test.

4. Peterbeatinit

Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio Tx
    Ok..had me scratchin my head for a minute there..sry

Petey

5. cudafish71

cudafish71 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I have only met one trainer through PAM and he lived like a carny. He would only stop long enough to fuel and about every third day (Until I started raising hell) he would say I had time for a shower. He was constantly on his phone raising hell to his freespending, ignorant wife and step child while I was trying to sleep. He had not been home in three months. Crabby fellow. You may get someone good, I hope you do. I hope you RUN FROM PAM after you finish with them. Please be careful, if you feel doubt or fear about a situation you are stuck in or facing. STOP, get out, think about it, make baby steps or call the police (they are really cool everywhwere to truckers as it breaks up the monotony of their work, sitting in medians, waiting foa call, ect) to help yourself keep your SAFETY record clean as a whistle. Your first year will blow. Everyone I have spoken to, over 35 drivers in the last 8 months have said it is so everywhere, but if you keep your safety record clean, deliver on time and walk away from the place you started with a good record you will keep gaining better and better jobs. If I can remember to be cautious, safe and to work SMART, then it pays off. I have made a small mistake, but that one thing, which could have been a huge mistake if I had been moving any faster, keeps me in check. You do know that private companies will send candidates to school and pay for it. You have to DIG for these companies ( I think Central Refridgerated is one) for a long time, but you can find them. Trucking is not as easy as you think at first, but once you get the basics down, stay safe and deliver on time, you could make up to seventy grand within a few years (3-4) or upwards of one hundred thousand if you want to train, which means you are out four weeks at a time and running like a banshee. It can be done. I would caution you with PAM as a driver of theirs though, it is the middle management and upper management that don[t give a squat about you, the people on the streets like us, they are locked into the same stupidty from above that we are, they are understaffed like us, overworked like us and that corporate greed is what keeps driving this country to the next revolution.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  6. n0dn4rb

n0dn4rb Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Believe me, the job I had prior can't be any worse then what im going into with PAM. I'm really just looking for a change. I more then likely will leave pam, but it will be further down the line.

7. Peterbeatinit

Mar 8, 2012
    San Antonio Tx
    Sooner or later everyone leaves their first company as they see and research different avenues they can take with their career..Just remember to stay the year, stick it out before you move on.

Noggin himself is a prime example of it..he wanted to drive a skateboard..(why..I have NO idea..Noggin needs his noggin examined :D) but he left PAM free and clear with good memories.

There will be bad days..possibly bad weeks...such is life..

Petey

8. cudafish71

cudafish71 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    As I age and learn more I know there is excellence out there, but it takes a LOT of investigation and a lot of moxy to find it. Wipe that year out ( I have almost left PAM twice for their BS, but called them on it, proved it, sent the proof via QualComm and I was vindicated and then treated with some respect) and bear it out. You will figure out that what you say and what you DON"T say have a lot of impact on what happens at PAM. Keep a good DIARY about how you are treated, when potentially harmful/negative messages come in and how you handled them correctly and you will insulate yourself from any negatives when you reach your year's end. I am close, but am watching myself and keeping safety in the front of mind and being on time second and things are going well. The pay, that blows, but the VALUE you have after a safe and efficient year will pay off at the next company.

9. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Until you got to wife and step child, I coulda swore you were one of mine. :biggrin_25523:

10. Noggin

Noggin Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston, TX
    That I did. I stayed over 2 years, had no problems, complaints, or concerns...and I left with the possible intent on returning if it didn't work out with my current company. Now, after 'beddin for a bit (and having my noggin examined...), I can't see myself ever getting back in front of a box. Too ###### boring. lol

11. Rollin2003

Rollin2003 Light Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Guess I'm the ####### outta this bunch with almost 20 years at PAM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.