PAM transport (Scam Transport)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by UpstateFreight, Mar 9, 2016.

1. UpstateFreight

UpstateFreight Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    So, if you're thinking about signing on with PAM transport... DON'T DO IT! For one.. They will run you like a dog and not pay you for it. When they do pay you, they will find every way they can to make sure you have to take one of their advances to make it through the week. I've had multiple checks that were a total of $0.00. I ran over 2,000 miles one week and was not paid for it. A couple weeks later I had a run of 1,500 miles or so and yet again was not paid for it. I've even had to put my own money in the truck for fuel!!! Only to be reimbursed for it weeks after the fact. And when I was reimbursed, they managed to take almost half of it back in deductions. For the last 10,000 miles I've driven I've made less than $1,000. I could go on and on and on about what a horrible company it is.
    Oh and to top it all off today I was asked to violate HOS regulations.
    Need less to say. I'm feed up with PAM transport and I've already found another job @ a different company. I'll be putting my notice in tomorrow that I'll be quiting this awful company.
    Maybe someone has had better luck with PAM transport but, I highly doubt that. If you're happy running auto parts from Laredo to Detroit and don't mind making less than $300 a week. Then PAM is the company for you. But if you're like 99% of the other people on this site that like to be paid for there work and you have bills to pay. Stay away from PAM.
    ~Be safe out there~
    Cheers

No names left and Angeloscott Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    The first time I didn't get paid would be enough to quite
    .... I learned this the hard way also
    First driving job was for an owner op ..... He kept telling he has to be paid first in order to pay me for 3 weeks
    .... Never got my money

4. Dave 1960

Dave 1960 Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Shepherd, TX
    I didn't find it QUITE that bad in 09-10. But it was bad enough that
    I sure wish I'd have jumped ship before I got fired!
    OTR and me just don't get along.

diesel drinker and UpstateFreight Thank this.
  5. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    I'm a little lost as to how you made $1,000 for 10,000 miles, that's .10 a mile. Are you living on advances?

6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    And what kind of deductions are they taking out
    Are you a lease driver or an employee

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I'm guessing the OP is on the fleece purchase plan . When I worked for them I had almost no pay issues and never had a 0.00 check.
    Now do not take this as a defense PAM. They degrade their drivers and squeeze every driver's pay check for profit. I think they are a Crappy company, but something doesn't make sense here.

Lonesome and tucker Thank this.
  8. formerdriver2

formerdriver2 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Mississippi
    Put fuel in the truck out of your own pocket? That doesn't make any sense

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  9. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    I was at a place where my comdata card wouldn't work at the pump or inside at the register. So I had to take an advance for the fuel I needed to pick up a load. I paid for the fuel and then sent in the recipit via transflo with the b/l after my delivery. It took them an entire month to reimburse me.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  10. formerdriver2

formerdriver2 Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Mississippi
    That's messed up. I didn't think a company that big would be like that. Good thing you got away from there. Did they put anything bad on your dac

11. UpstateFreight

Mar 8, 2016
    Potsdam,Ny
    I didn't think they would either. And I haven't gotten away just yet.. I've got a few offers on the table right now, just trying to decide who I want to go with. So, I'm not sure if they will put any bad remarks on my DAC but, you can bet that I will be getting a copy of it after I turn this truck in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.