PAM Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Thomas0810, Jun 14, 2007.

1. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007

because one company out of 10 yr that he work said they wouldnt hire him back that all they told him

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tazzman691

tazzman691 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2007
    Batesville, AR
  4. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    How is school going Tazz?Are you going to a driver solutions facility?

5. jthighfield

jthighfield Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Tazz,

It's good to hear from you, I was hoping to get an email update of how things are going and your thoughts on C1. I start school in the morning in Ft. Worth.

Interesting you would post the question about APU's, I have searched high and low on the net and can not find the answer, I was hoping you would be able to answer that question for me. Hopefully current PAM drivers can answer this question for us.

I hope it is going well for you, drop me an email if you get the time.

Bullfrog

6. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    Keep us posted on your class thighfield.I start on the 30th in Fort Worth also

7. tazzman691

tazzman691 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2007
    Batesville, AR
    School is going great starting the 2nd week next week. Passed all my tests. Started straight line backing last Friday, think I have it down. Double clutching is a #####. Will let everybody know how next week goes.

8. Thomas0810

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    Appreciate the update tazz.I start on the 30th in Fort Worth

9. Grayhare

Grayhare Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2006
    Michigan
    Need some More Info on This Company , seen DAC and their website, but most of that is BS, I need Input on this Company Before I leave Next week, and thing Positive or Neg.

Thank You

10. 9ball

9ball Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2007
    st louis,MO
    i worked for PAM for about a year from last year to a few months ago,and it wasn't bad.
    i might go back to work for them,actually.
    i did not go to thier schooling, so i dont know anything about that process, i hired on as experienced.
    the pay is a little lower than some other companies,but not much- a few cents/mile i guess. they had me at .31/mile with a year experience.
    i have always worked for P.A.M. transport- not one of the spin-offs.
    i started out over the road- did that 4 months or so ,then started asking about dedicated accounts,and after a while i was put on one that opened up going to the st louis GM plant.

over the road was okay for me- laid back- i never went to any grocery warehouses and didnt have to deal with any of that crap i always had time to run legally(sometimes it was tight) and got your average amount of miles i guess- probably overall "average" OTR was about 2000-2200/wk.
    average pay/week probably about 450- 550.sometimes less sometimes more. i got home every 2 weeks- never felt rushed to get going again- sometimes id take an extra day and my dispatcher wouldnt care.
    i generally ran in the southern half of the US and texas.

some of thier mechanics in some of thier yards are just plain old stupid ######## - most are ok, but some of them really are pr*cks.typical mechanics i guess...

what else?-- oh- the trucks are nice.
    no APU's- they have optimised idle- a thermometer in the bunk that kicks the truck on and off to maintain a set temp. if they screw up you have to take them to the dealership to get fixed. they never bothered me except in the really cold winter temps.- the buzzer just seemed more loud in the cold air.

anyways- it just seemed like a generally laid back atmosphere to me- alot less uptight about things other companies are uptight about(as long as you do a good job) and i kind of like that. i am a grown man and dont need somebody to tell me to "be carefull" every day.
    i did hear some people complaining about dispatchers once in awhile, but the one i had was a cool dood.

the one lady who said her husband wasnt hired because one of his jobs said they would not hire him back-- there must be something else going on there because my ten year work history is pretty poor looking- i did have one job i held for 5 years- all the others are like 1 year or less,and i seriously doubt ANY of them would hire me back-lol

11. crazymama

crazymama <strong>The Gardener</strong>

Jul 14, 2007
    Kansas City Missouri
    I want to know how you live on 450-500 per week? There is no way I could live on that. Maybe a week here or there. I did better than that with Schwan's frozen foods. My pay generally speaking was 850-900 one week and then 600-700 the 2nd week. I'd say that any of you that are tired of your companies and not making very much should look into them. Yeah, they'll work you hard. You'll have to go door to door to let people know you are in their neighborhood and want new business. The weeks are 70 hours per week. But at least you are home at the end of every day sleeping in your own bed and home every weekend.

Suzi

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.