Panera Bread

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Retired Ranger, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Retired Ranger

Retired Ranger Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Cleveland TN
    I was offered a job with Panera Bread out of Chattanooga TN. I spoke with the district manager in Atlanta and he was telling me that it pays 1200 a week with rotating shifts every week. I was wanting to see if anyone could give me some info about them and clarify what I was told. Would greatly appreciate it and thank you. Stay safe brothers and sisters

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Making sandwiches for $1200 per week? Hell yeah!

4. Retired Ranger

Retired Ranger Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Cleveland TN
    No, driving for them. Why would I ask about a bakery job when this is a truckers site

5. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    I would happily make sandwiches for 1200 a week. You got that manager's contact info?

6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I thought it was eating them. Dang.

ncmickey and KillingTime Thank this.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    He's joking, man.

snowbird_89 and ncmickey Thank this.
  8. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    The best sammich makers are young college-age girls..... Hmmm, now I'm hungry.

lagbrosdetmi Thanks this.
  9. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Panera Bread I think is basically foodservice, using reefer trailers to deliver frozen bread doe and sandwich supplies to it's chain stores. No different from Dunkin Donuts drivers delivering frozen doe to it's chain stores or Mclane Foodservice delivering sandwich supplies to WaWa or Subway (not quite sure if Mclane delivers to Subway, could be Sysco or US Foods). Drivers that actually work in the Bakery industry, such as Bimbo Bakeries and Flowers Foods, use nothing but dry van, delivering fresh made bread and cakes to depots and grocery stores.

Here's some links on Panera Bread. It's not the highest paid foodservice job, but you are home every night. You'll make a helluva lot more working for Mclane Foodservice instead.

http://www.bubbajunk.com/trucking-news/detail/Panera_Bread?site=fullfleet

http://panerapeople.com/job-detail/675635/2016-03-10

I also noticed from your avatar name that you were in the military. Give USPS a shot. They're the largest employer of military vets and making over $100k is easily obtainable there.

10. BreadMan35

BreadMan35 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Driving for Panera isn't anything like Sysco, US Foods or Manes. No two wheel dolly or ramp involved in making a delivery. First of all the dough isn't frozen. The dough is put on metal pans and slid into cabinets that are on wheels. Some cabinets that have a lot of bagels inside can be heavy but not so heavy that you can't push it where it needs to go. The more you do it the easier it to push them around. Usually you will have 3 cabinets of dough and 1 cabinet of produce (the most cabinets I've had for one cafe is 4 dough & 1 produce). You will also have cases of tomatoes and bananas on a pallet that we set on top of the cabinets when we push them into the cafes. (usually 2 tomatoes & 1 banana case). Routes will have 8 to 13 cafes to deliver, average is 10 cafes to deliver. Starting times are between 10:00 pm & 1:00 am at our Fresh Dough Facility. Routes are between 9 to 11 hrs depending on which route you do. We have drivers that have 5 day routes and drivers that have longer routes that work 4 & 3 days. (this means you will do your route 4 days the first week and 3 days the following week then repeat). We all have the same route every day and same truck and trailer. We have floaters that fill in for the 5 day drivers when they are off. Floaters will work weekends until they get their own route. That is the worst part of the job. You will start out at $18.00 hr with benefits, uniforms, red wing boots and 1 week vacation. You have the option of getting Panera gift card once a month that range from $20 to $150 for half the price ( they will take out $75 out of your check for the $150 card). I am in my mid 50s and this is the easiest driving job making deliveries I've had in 20 years of driving. By the way the trucks and trailers are in good shape. This is how it is at our FDF, I can't speak for the other FDFs in other areas

trkrjim, jmz and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  11. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    giphy.gif

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.