Park Anywhere He Wants

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckDuo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    You must reset every week if you need to run like that. I often shut down with a couple hours left. If your burning 14 every day you need to find someplace else to work.

d281833 and Working Class Patriot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    With respect, the entire argument about HOS, regulations, and trip planning are irrelevant.

There are no reasonable circumstances that would justify that driver's deplorable behavior.

48Packard, Big Don, SHO-TYME and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    Why in the world would anyone trip plan to have the last spot at a T/S?

I have sat and listened on the CB to guy's gripping about no spot's and circling the T/S, when we where sitting at "A" T/S with more open spots than Truck's. The difference, we weren't sitting at a "Big Name" T/S, but a not much smaller Mom & Pop type stop. We've turned back and went to a Mom and Pop when the bigger places were full and gave up taking a shower that night, just went and got fuel and found a space the next AM and took a shower. ( when we "had" to fuel at J's and Pilots).

Yes their are times when "stuff happens" and your hosed, but it shouldn't be all that often. Happened to my Husband and I ( I don't drive) We had just gotten to a TA down in Laredo, after dropping our last load, he had 1.5 hr's on his 14 but only 20 min on drive. We had been given a load of alcohol which he later called and said we couldn't make, not enough time. Broker called and said shipping was "waiting to load us, in and out in under an hour" 6 min drive. I told him I'd call him back in a min, called dispatch ( and btw told them what I thought of them giving the broker our phone number) Dispatch said go, we went, got their...place was closed. I called the Broker, Husband called dispatch. To ask if Drop and hook? Nope...but they swear they had talked to someone that said we could get loaded. End game, we ended up right their for the rest of the night. Called Pizza Hut, they delivered. One of the very few times I have peed in a bottle. BTW, no load the next day either, as they didn't load on Saturdays. We picked up a load elsewhere for the weekend.

So yes I DO understand "stuff happens", but buy a pocket truckstop guide, and don't just rely on the "big Named" truck stop's.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    ..and don't be a "Richard" with a video can!!!

TruckDuo and Big Don Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.