Park Anywhere He Wants

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckDuo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Why anyone would be willing to work at truck stop is beyond me. :biggrin_25526: maybe they like working instead of collecting welfare

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    My point was about the way some truck drivers treat these people.

4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I bet he has white sheets on his bunk, never tears out log book pages, and calls the us marshalls on a regular basis to shut down scalehouses.

and wears a tinfoil hat and is the guy who calls coast to coast am radio show after seeing aliens

5. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    my redhead irish wife
    wouldn't have called the cops
    I am skeered of her
    all 6'5" 250 lbs of me

blairandgretchen, Mr Ed and mrbmg Thank this.
  6. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3883589]So yuppies are driving big trucks now?[/QUOTE]

LMAO :toothy7:Trucking is a dumping ground for people from all walks of life. This guy is clearly used to getting his way. I would consider NoCoCraig and his wife yuppies, I hope you don't get offended Craig.

7. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    * Sleeper berth provision says you must have 8 hr's in the sleeper berth, it may be split in two, provided neither is less than 2 hr's ( the regulation says as of July 2013 so if updated I didn't find it, I do have the link)

So, move the truck, and make sure you have your 8 hr's 0/0..... OH wait, WTF did you wait soooo long to park the truck you couldn't find a "legal" spot? JMO

TruckDuo and airforcetoo Thank this.
  8. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    As long as your parked LEGALLY yes it's against the law, if in rest area etc parked again LEGALLY one can get officer into trouble. Now if officer wants he can do an inspection while you are in sleeper and just leave an inspection report and or ticket on truck.

This guy would be lucky if officers didn't come out because since he is parked illegally one they can issue a ticket, and if driver still refused to move would then call a tow truck, and if he did move could get log book violation.

Best thing to do is just to park legal all the time

9. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    LOL they are probably to young to be yuppies. Yuppies went to "Woodstock" changed some things for the better, then acquired money from the using the same system they fought against, bought BMW's, but still needed a cause so they just continued getting laws passed the have no real value except to serve very few -- you know like kinda like being all in the "Mothers against drunk drivers crusade" but dont consider when they have 5 glasses of wine for lunch as being the same.
    Disclaimer: I am not condoning drunk driving.
    Sorry --rambling --i am surrounded by them in my neighborhood !

10. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Strike the last post --should have used the word "entitled" in my first post - just throwing the "Yuppies" under the "VW" bus for no reason.

11. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Way to go girl, too many ######## parking where they feel they're entitled to and screw everyone else under the guise of " Federally Mandated ". What a crock..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.