Park in DC ELD protest

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Dfinkbeiner, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Dfinkbeiner

Dfinkbeiner Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2017
    With the outlook of the ELD mandate extension not passing it seems to me that something more than driving slow in DC or California need to be done to make our position felt in Washington DC. I’m throwing around the idea of organizing a park protest in the city of Washington DC. I’m curious if there’s any support. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I like that the play field will be level. :)

peterd and Hegemeister Thank this.
  4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    You should be whining about the hos not elds. Elds can't force you to do anything.

5. Dfinkbeiner

Nov 8, 2017
    HOS are affected when you can’t find a pariparking spot/there isn’t a truck stop around at the end of the day/ especially when you are not familiar with the part of the country you are in/ shipper and receiver delays etc... I see this as a serious invasion of privacy,

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    Elds are no different, privacy wise, then cell phones.

7. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    I am very much against ELD'S. That said it's the HOS that needs reworked. Fighting to keep paper logs so you can rewrite history is not the way to win this fight. When people are gonna wake up and see that is beyond me.

8. IluvCATS

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I don’t seem to have those problems. I trip plan and don’t wait until the last minute to figure out where to shut down. I have a great big ELD and if anything it makes following HOS easier. ELDs are awesome and everyone will love them!

Opus, peterd, Hegemeister and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Dfinkbeiner

Nov 8, 2017
    Except they are not monitored by the gov officials with the ability to write you tickets for not clicking off duty when you Pull off to use the restroom

10. IluvCATS

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    When you turn your key off it automatically switches to onduty/not driving. You can switch it to off duty if you stopped for a break. I’ve had my ELD examined 4 times by DOT and they just looked for marked violations and handed it back. I think paper logs get more scrutiny. If you can obey HOS, ELDs make life easier.

KB3MMX, peterd, tscottme and 3 others Thank this.
  11. CrappieJunkie

Mar 9, 2014
    I ran elogs two years. Went over driving time by 2 hours trying to find a place to park. Never was a word said to me by the governement or the company.

KB3MMX, tscottme and IluvCATS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.