Park smart

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mike Mci, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Central Florida
    I had the dealer install mine. Connect to the main batteries. Leave the park smart alone.

You have 8 total. 4 front, 4 back. When the truck runs, it charges all 8. Then once the 4 PS batteries run low, no more comfort until you start and charge them up.

But back to the original question, go straight to your main batteries and mount it behind the drivers seat. Careful of the park smart components in that cabinet. the dealer had to make their own wire since mine that came with it wasn't long enough.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    One thing that really surprised me was to learn the alternator for the park smart puts out some serious juice which is very hard to find. It makes sense since it has to charge all of the batteries and power the truck. My new truck didn't come with an APU since they wanted me to have the option to install whatever I liked so I wanted Park Smart and they said they are not sure if they could install it since they never done it to a truck with only an espar heater (which I think is bs). I wanted to use a third party thermoking electric apu for the a/c but they didn't have the huge alternator. I cannot remember the amperage at the moment but I think standard with the truck that is easy to find is 270 amps but the park smart uses something really high like 700 amps.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

• Truckers Report Jobs