Parked Here for the Night

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckDuo, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Did well FatDady... :yes2557:

Me... I did my power walk... from this truck stop to TA across the street and back. And found out it wasn't as full as I though it might me... :biggrin_25512:

Almost 2 hrs ago it was like this...

[​IMG]

Nice breeze right now... :biggrin_25519: Windows open... Will leave at 5 am heading to CA for delivery on Wednesday. Called receiver, scheduled the appt., then called broker and notified them...
    Then, my dsp called me to know if she could set appt. for reload on Wed afternoon about 7 hrs north of where I would be... but after consulting my notes I told her, no, unless shipper has a place for me to take my 10 after loaded cause I would be out of hrs from my 14... In that case she scheduled it for Thursday morning... And then, I called shipper and re-scheduled that for 2 hrs earlier... :yes2557:

FatDaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Snoshoe Pa....fer a minute....then 4 round bout Cleveland tanite....then 8 in da Windy...late 2moro afternoon......wanna swap Tangerine? Lol
    oh if your interested...the dump across from the TA your at sells beer among other things.....

And Rocks my dear....glad ya c ur keepin ur sence of humor.....now if we could just get u to RELAX! :)

tangerineGT and Rocks Thank this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Talking about RELAX... I gotta have my supper here and go to bed pretty soon... and RELAX... :biggrin_25518: :biggrin_25519: You all be safe out there...

'olhand Thanks this.
  5. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I'm up here in Albany, trust me u won't need to idle! I hate the heat too, n windows are up and already need covers! Lol

Derailed Thanks this.
  6. Al. Roper

Al. Roper Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Bakersville NC
    Pulled the brakes at the 100 on 59 in Bama. Lots of parking at the Petro. FatDaddy if you're coming up 59 from La. there's a lil fuel stop at the 15 in Ms, McNeill I think it's called, then up in Hattiesburg there's usually parking at the Texaco beside the Krystal's. prolly a couple of places I'm forgetting but there's a few spots up that way. I'm idling cause its a tad warm down here. Was nice and cool in Raphine Va. this morning. Well callin it a session. Y'all have a good one and we'll check ya later.

FatDaddy Thanks this.
  7. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Yeah I seem to remember a few spots I coulda parked at but figured I'd scout it during the daylight hours and make some notes since it's been awhile and couldn't remember for sure.

8. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    So is what your saying is , I could have probably had a beer a massage and a happy ending :biggrin_25523:

I did see that place when I came off 94 and thought to myself " NO WAY " and made a left and parked at the TA so I could fuel first thing a.m. lol

Its not that I dont like chicago , but I had like 4 stops down town ( well only one was right downtown ) peroria meats...

Oh well , I got er done and didnt haul one bridge ....:biggrin_25524::biggrin_2559:

9. ‘Olhand

Jan 18, 2011
    Well chicagos always fun....if u have the right mindset&what I was sayin....you can walk across the street to the dumpy truckstop....buy a beer&take it back to your truck if u so desired :)

10. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA

Thats to far to walk :biggrin_25523:

No , I could have used one , but I dont because of being in the truck .
    you never know who is watching you these days , so I play it safe :biggrin_25517:

11. ‘Olhand

Jan 18, 2011
    I know what ya mean....course the advantage of bein old....i really don't give a #### who might see me....and even if the boss was here(which Could happen)all he'd say is "Where's mine?"
    lol.....

and I NEVER drink &drive...so ifn I did go get one....then I'd be there for at least another 10 hrs.

wore out, FatDaddy and tangerineGT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.