Parked Here for the Night

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckDuo, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    At the T/A at the 256 on 40 is where I woke up this morning was to pooped to get on-line last nite. Harvest broke loose and the money got good in this grain hauling but I have to work my tale off on the down side to get it. Gotta roll my boy is saying it's time to go they be cutting in a hour.&nbsp;<br><br>Y'all keep your brakes cool we out&nbsp;<br><br>

Charli Girl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I dun fixticated it fer ya there 'olhand! The best thing I can say about Chicago, is that I doubt that I will EVER have to go there again! Um, that is until I die. At that point, if I don't make it "upstairs," rather than going "downstairs," they will likely send me to Chicago. Think I'd rather go "downstairs.":biggrin_25513:

FatDaddy Thanks this.
  4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Having an extended stay in Dallas. Yesterday I decided to once again find a dealer to sell/install some stud centering sleeves on my truck hubs. Basically been chasing a drive tire hop for months, and this was the last step before rechecking everything else and getting into bigger dollar repairs.

Got 'er done yesterday afternoon at Redneck Diesel Performance in Hutchins, TX. A big thumbs up to Todd and the guys there for working me in on zero notice around 2pm and having all 6 hubs fixed up in 3 hours. I've found one more repair facility to add to my very, very short list of places I will visit when I have the luxury of being more choosey with location. Short test drives confirm that hop is history. Will know for sure once I get out of here in the morning and off the torn up slab around DFW.

I got a little lazy and accepted a load that picks up at 0100 tonight, so had a day to kill. Lazy trucker's dream schedule today. Up for an early shower at the TA no wait, watch TV for a while. Then hop around the corner for a Whata-lunch, and stage at the QT another 2 mi away. That way when my half gallon cup of Whataburger iced tea (among the best found in fast food places IMO) finally ends, I can satisfy another bad habit of QT apple green tea. Might get totally out of control and chase that with some roller taquitos. Take a nap after all that excitement and roll up to the freezer to wait some more.

As an extra bonus, I was able to adjust my trip plan to meet up with some friends in LA I haven't seen in years. Things are going so good this trip, I'm just waiting for it LOL

Don't hate me :biggrin_25523:

whata-stop.jpg

Rocks and FatDaddy Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Delivered our load in Elk Grove, IL and now on the way to the terminal to drop off the truck. Feels good to back in Chicago.

We'll be here till next Monday, hit me up if any of you will be passing through.

6. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Missed ya by about 5 hrs.. lol

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Take care man... Hope you get better soon...

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Not much time here right now... Parked here... at a Pilot in AZ

[​IMG]

Cleaned windshield... as usual, took a very needed shower, washed some light clothes by hand, as usual, did some quick cooking, paper log, now gotta do some paperwork, have my meal and go to bed... Will start driving at 3 am central time...

9. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Dekalb Texas, behind the quick stop, gonna blow smoke for the cargill elevator on presidents island in a short. Gotta be there in the a.m

10. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I'm on the tiny stretch of Georgia on I59. X4 at the Pilot. About 35 miles from Chattanooga for 1100 live unload. Then reload in Rome ga going to Allentown PA. my goal is to make it to the Petro aka White's in Va tomorrow but that's going to depend how long I sit in the 2 docks I gotta bump

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Delivered at 6 am CA time today... then faced a HORRIBLE traffic jam from Ontario to I-5 north... :biggrin_2552: Good grief! I will add that to my list together with Washington DC belt... It was one extra hr just for that... :biggrin_2552:
    So... I was going to park at Triangle Truck stop but had to park here instead...

[​IMG]

Not too bad... About 1:30 hr from shipper I go tomorrow... There's a Love's and a TA on the other side of the road but I find this place more spacious and much easier to leave in the morning...
    Ohhh Lord... will have to face that freaking traffic jam going back to Ontario tomorrow...:biggrin_2552: and may be there around 17:00 CA time...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.