Parked Here for the Night

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckDuo, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I'm stuck at the Springville, UT Love's. Stopped to take a shower. Came out and tried to start the truck and no dice. It wouldn't start. It's not cranking at all so leads me to believe it's the #### starter that was replaced not too long ago. :(

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Across the river from Cincinnati. 2 drops in the a.m. Next load is to Big D area for Tuesday drop.

4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Come rollin into the house a while ago. Gonna rest up and roll out in the morrow

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Parked at the Loves in Dwight, IL... Deliver at Costco in the AM... Got front row seat for the fuel island show :)

6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    The truck has been parked at location that I rent for "hometime" since yesterday and I am here...

[​IMG]

Woke up at 1 am on Friday and left that QUIET and secluded empty fuel station at 2 am on Friday... Headed to my "hometime" location in TN...
    One of the truck headlights went out in Atlanta... :biggrin_25510: Good thing I always carry spares... Had to stop at 3 different locations to find another bulb...
    Arrived at rented parking place at 8 am east time and took almost 3 hrs to load my vehicle and leave... After running many errands yesterday, checked in my "hometime" hotel in the afternoon and continued running more errands...
    Stopped at storage and got some other things to bring to hotel... At 17:30 yesterday I finally had all my things in the hotel....
    For the first time my room is on the second floor... No elevator... :biggrin_25510: had to go up the stairs about 5 times with loads of heavy stuff.... For a damaged back like mine, that was painful... :biggrin_2552: And then, realized that left some things in the truck... :biggrin_25510: and other things in the storage... :biggrin_25510:
    Will be very busy these "hometime" days... I intend to go back on the road on Friday early afternoon...

7. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Kitchenette and a freezer!

Rocks is living large for the week.

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Parked at home for tonight and then its all fame and glory for a hog hauler For four days.lol

I load 163 head , about way to much weight wise, but we get er done. Hahaha

Rocks and Lady K Thank this.
  9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    What bulb does the Cascadia use? Is it H11? Volvo uses H11 in the low beam and 9005 in the high beam.

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    H1155 Low beam

[​IMG]

And it cost me... I mean, the company $26.49.... that's an expensive bulb... :biggrin_2554: Couldn't find it at TA, :biggrin_25513:nothing at FJ :biggrin_25513:and finally got it at a repair shop behind Pilot near Dalton, GA.

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Love the convenience of "my hometime hotel"... Two beds, big bathroom, stove.... and it's just across from my storage... :yes2557: That's the main reason I haven't moved to a storage near my co. terminal in OK...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.