Parked Here for the Night

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckDuo, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    Troy, IL. At the TA. DD Here for me when I wake up at 0400. I'm happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Back at the house, it's a miracle thou. The east bound Cabool scale was working hard this afternoon. After a level 1 with no OOS items he got serious bout my book. Checked every distance and every time stamp he could find. Finally he let me ride, but wouldn't give me sticker.

4. Al. Roper

Al. Roper Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Bakersville NC
    I hate when you get "No Violations" and the jackwad won't give you a #### sticker! Anyway getting empty in T-town. Gonna ease up to the house for the evening. Rollin out Friday for points westward. Y'all have a good 'un!

5. tustultuses

tustultuses Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    In Salt Lake, unloading up in Corinne in the morning.

6. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    Hoping the are paying you by the day not the mile for those loads......

7. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    well first time it happened in 15 months here
    just had to suck it up
    usually 8-9 days 4700 miles
    every week cant be perfect
    i will just take an extra day or 3 off when i get back for aggravation :biggrin_25523:

8. Parked in gear jammer, Yakima,wa pasco is a joke. So. I've got a bit of time to switch out my trailer air lines. Blue/red.

In morning. Not in big hurry

9. TallOkie

TallOkie Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I-80 exit 32 in Nevada...little truck stop down from the wally world DC I just dropped at ...didn't feel like sneaking back into Sparks....finally got this load off...to give you an idea I'm getting 5 days layover pay on this one....least I got a couple nights in Vegas I guess...got to get a starter connector repaired on the reefer I've been babysitting in the AM then sneak over to Fresno, CA to get a load of dead cow headed to San Antonio (everyone's favorite receiver there ...can you guess who?)..................Anyone know somewhere good to park in the Fresno area?

10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I am "dying" to go to bed... but I want to post a comment... so it's going to be "fast"...

Left the place where I was parked yesterday... some warehouse lot... this morning and my receiver cleaned some of the snow and I was unloaded first thing in the morning... then, parked for a couple of hrs at another warehouse parking lot nearby that a good friend told me about... HEY FATDADDY! THANKS A BUNCH!!!:biggrin_25514:

Got load assignment and rushed out of there... Took G.Washington bridge and went thru NY and CT twice today... :biggrin_2552: But traffic wasn't that bad...

[​IMG]

And the weather was nice...

Was loaded at another snow covered place... I am soo sick and tired of this nasty white stuff...

[​IMG]

After loaded rushed out of there... Was hopping to park at that tiny rest area in Bloomsbury, NJ but after a few mins trying to parallel park, I gave up... spaces where too short... My hrs were vanishing quickly and it was getting late... :biggrin_2552: Then, I missed the welcome center in PA... :biggrin_2552:

So.... at past 21:30 with 00:00 hrs from my 11 and 14, I pulled to the shoulder, flagged my post trip and put myself on personal conveyance and drove for a few more miles to next truck stop... Bandit... And... miraculously, found right away my "perfect" parking spot...:biggrin_25514: it was ALL mine, waiting for me... :yes2557::biggrin_25520:
    Going to TN... You all have a restful and very safe night... I gotta go....:biggrin_25518:

11. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Coffee is done, so about to get that in a cup and take the dog for a walk while the truck warms up. About to get rid of 2/3 of my load in Richmond then take the rest to DC. Kind of got myself on the night shift yesterday. Got here about 1300 and had some Popeyes after settling in, then promptly fell asleep. Woke up about 2330 and decided to grab a shower.

When I got back, my new neighbor had his W900 idled up to 1000 rpm for a couple hours. The funny part is he just shut it down then started up a rigmaster apu that's even louder. I bet he was mad when my reefer ran for about 5 minutes LOL. Set point at 25º and outside temp 25º made it so quiet I could hardly rest until he showed up.

:biggrin_2556:

Rocks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.