Parking and hometime issues with May

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Voyager1968, Sep 14, 2010.

1. xitman

xitman Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Paperless logs are actually pretty nice. Trust me you can still make money running with them. I got 3300 miles last week. The only thing that I don't like is that May seems to be making way too big of a deal about log edits lately. I mean even if you made a mistake and edited it on your log you will get a call from your DM.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker Steve

Trucker Steve Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Phoenix az
    CSA 2010 and paperless logs are going to save the trucking industry! To many guys run illegal worried about this weeks paycheck not realizing the big impact on their future!

Drivers and carriers have been took advantage of for the longest time, running more miles for less money usually to (cover someone's mistake, etc) This new movement will push out the undesirables (who I don't want driving their truck next to my family) and really push the industry for hire wages and correct rates! the future of trucking tho not as fun looks promising! .. Just a quick note I feel passionate about this topic but don't want to hi jack the thread!

mrbigmann Thanks this.
  4. Stringer

Stringer Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Colfax, CA

steve: good pionts, i am always happy to hear your opinion as it is always one of a positive nature. Most drivers are negative about everything, talk crap with out understanding the industry... its nice to have someone on here with a head on thier shoulders.
    However; my 2 cents?? i think your view on CSA2010 and the birth of electronic logs is slightly optimistic. My opinion is that it will take a long time to trickle down to the driver level. meanwhile the same rates will be paid, for freight and driver, time on the loads will be increased and drivers will end up with less miles per week. at least for now thats what i see happening. i agree with most of 2010!!! dont get me wrong, lets dump the truck trash, but i can drive a truck better with 2 logs books then some new guys out of school driving 6 hours a day... so theres alot more than hours of service that goes into being safe
    My main piont i guess, is that the days of getting good 3500 + weeks are over unless your running loose leafs. Just my experiance :biggrin_25516:

Stay safe out there steve, hoping to see you on TV soon :)

5. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Stringer, I have a quick "what if" scenario for you. You say that you are safer running two log books than a Swift driver running legal. That may or may not be true, but that isn't the debate nor the question.

What happens IF some clueless soccer mom with a van ful of kids pulls out in front of you at the last minute and you t-bone and kill most of them? Even running 100% legal you are probably in for a world of trouble, but if the lawyers dig through all your records (and you know they will) and it was determined that you should have been resting instead of driving, or somewhere other than where you were at the time of the incident, you will get hung up by your cajones.

So while you may be safe to drive, is it really worth the likely jail time, and the potential to lose your family, home, and career over a few extra dollars a week?

mrbigmann Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.