Parking at the Springfield terminal

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Bo Hunt, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Hey guys and gals,

Just stopping by with some pointers that I guess many don't know concerning the Springfield terminal. Lot D (North of the wash bay) is for loaded trailers only. If that lot is full, feel free to park along the curbs.
    When parking along the curbs, start at the end of the row, and put the front of the trailer even with whatever sign is there, or edge of the crosswalk. The next trailer should back up against that trailer. Doubling up like this allows more trailers to be dropped on the weekends.
    Lot B is the empty lot. The asphalt section should be filled first. The last row that is concrete can be used as an overflow for the loaded lot.
    On those nights, especially Saturday night, that these spaces are all full, you can also park trailers in R, S, T, V, and W rows. These are in the old lot. Drive past the trailer shop and follow the road past the fountain and you will see them.

Bobtail trucks should never be parked in the loaded or empty lot spaces. Lot E has plenty of Bobtail spaces (the lot just North of D)

Flatbeds, a couple tarps or dunnage on your trailer does not make it loaded. You still weigh less than an empty reefer trailer.

Thank you for reading.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Wow so much information

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sounds like the company does not make flatbedders welcome. That's unfortunate.

I have always where possible avoided company parking. I'll stash the rig into the truck stop or one of my quiet spots here and there.

5. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    It isn't that x1, it's just for instance tonight I moved 8 empty flatbeds that were dropped in the loaded lot out of there as the lot was full. We have space for the flatbeds, just they choose to park wherever they want instead of where they should.

6. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Flatbed are special short bus special

Puppage Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.