Parking On The Shoulder, 3 Dead

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Opus, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    If you watch the video interview I linked, the grieving mother and brother are definitely pointing the finger that if that truck hadn't been there, things might have been turned out differently.

The little trucking companies insurance, Great West Casualty, will pay out millions when it's all said and done, in my opinion, of course.

Then, there will continue to be a long list of owner operator wanna be(s) who will come on TTR and complain about how they can't get underwriting or that's it's 30k a year (or more) to obtain basic liability coverage.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I’m not defending the driver at all. What he did was idiotic. But nobody wants to be responsible for their actions anymore. It’s always someone else’s fault. My question would be how long were they at the hospital? How far had they driven towards home before turning around? How long had the driver been awake?

DenBob and tinytim Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Probably for many hours.

5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    From what I can see in the pictures he's well to the outside of the rumble strip, unless they have the rumble strip halfway across the shoulder there.

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I could never defend a shoulder Parker.

88228822 and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You wouldn't ever defend any truck driver involved in an accident, if he had blown a tire and was stuck there on the shoulder you'd have some #### about "oh he didn't do a proper pre trip, hang him from the tree tops."

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    If he was broke down and had his triangles out,,,,,,
    (Running over a triangle is like running over a turtle) they would have felt the bump and missed the trailer.
    He chose to park on the shoulder in a curve and he killed 3 people.
    Thousands of other drivers in that area found a safe place to park that night.

88228822, not4hire and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    On the SHOULDER? At LEAST go to the next exit and park on the shoulder there, man. ####.

10. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i can plan and you can plan, but if you took every truck parked in a spot it shouldnt be and put them where they should be do you think there would be room? i plan well and never have a problem, but i understand its not getting easier and it wont get better. when i see trucks parked where they shouldnt be i just accept its all the results of overpopulation and mass consumption, just poor planning by society as a whole.

tinytim Thanks this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I understand what you are saying, but there is a huge difference in parking where one should not vs. parking on an interstate.
    Whill I admit I have no sympathy for a driver that gets booted or a ticket for parking in i.e. a strip mall I also don't think of them as a lazy unprofessional driver. Now the guy that parks on an interstate just because he wants to get every mile out of the 11, well yes I will call him out for being too lazy and unprofessional to do his job correctly.

Then come to find out (if that's the correct company above) that the 7 unit company has a 25% oos rate doesn't surprise me. I mean they hire someone that thinks it's fine to park on the interstate after all.

Bud A., SoCalRed and Muddydog79 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.