parking skills

Discussion in 'Marten' started by dca, May 26, 2014.

1. blackcrowntrans

blackcrowntrans Light Load Member

May 19, 2014
    I saw this on another thread poop in a bag and throw it on the hood....lol

flyingmusician Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I understand your point, but to be fair the Marten driver isn't the only one parked where he shouldn't be, and asking the flatbed driver pull up a couple feet was the easiest thing to do.

Thankfully, the flatbed driver kindly obliged. I would have as well. But then I would have had a few 4-letter words with the other two.

I'll agree that the lead van driver definitely made a bad decision. The Marten driver though looks like he just pulled up as close as he could behind the lead van without regard for his trailer location. It does look to me like he isn't straight, and to ask the Marten driver to do something different would have caused a mess.

pattyj Thanks this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By golly I think hes got it.Not being sarcastic.Saying at night best to see what the rest area looks like before entering it.I learned long ago ppl don't care about anything but finding a parking spot and hitting the sack.Nothing else matters.Then you're spending your hours just trying to get out of that mess.Not worth it.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    We have so many sorry excuses for drivers these days.Its all about me attitudes.I imagine that entire side was full.If rest areas meant trks to park there they would have marked spots.Drivers don't even get out to see if others can get thru.Then they cant figure out why they got hit.Seen that a few times.

6. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Saw a guy pull out of his parking slot last week at a pilot with 3 football fields of open space in front of him before he needed to turn his truck to the right. instead he cut right too soon and his highway bumper on his trailer caught the nice Peterbilt to his rights front fender and bumper. It broke and bent the Peterbilts bumper straight out. Not to mentioned how loud it was when the steel bumper popped and broke. I can only figure that he was moving to another slot because the Peterbilt driver was pulling a reefer trailer, which can get annoying to here the unit kicking on all night. Well, guess who the nut parked beside?? You are correct if you picked me. So he gets it backed in beside me and gets out and the two drivers exchange info and the cops came and wrote out the proper tickets. But the bad thing is that 2 hours after I went to sleep I heard loud banging. I got up and looked out my curtain and the dummy had pulled out and made a U-turn and pulled straight in so a service truck could get to his trailerto repair it. He was running an pneumatic air gun and hammering with a 3 lb hammer for over an hour. If it was me I would have moved over to a curb by the scales,washbay or to the side at the truck exit. This was about 11:30 pm. I woke up and left at 4 am. When I walked to the back of my trailer to check the doors and lights I had a brief thought of getting my hammer out and start beating the crap out of the underside of my trailer and wake him up with a taste of what he did to me. But I decided to just drop it and get rolling down the road. Too many inconsiderate idiots in these rigs nowdays. But he will be sitting on the couch within 6 months anyway after he loses his license for whatever he is going to do to lose them. sorry for the long reply, but it was an even longer night. I should have atleast crossed his gladhands lol

7. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Sometimes its better to let people only THINK you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.