Part Time Sprinter

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by talltrucker61, May 28, 2024.

1. talltrucker61

talltrucker61 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2024
    Robstown Texas
    So after 34 years of driving OTR (13 as an O/O for Landstar), I've settled into a final retirement job. While I'm not happy driving a P.O.S. JB Hunt truck that only goes 62 mph, I've got a dedicated run that gets me home 3 days a week and I still gross about $1800/week.
    Recently I purchased a 2024 Promaster 3500 High Roof. I really like it and it fits my 6 foot 11 inch frame. Last month I leased it on with UPS SCS, because they don't require you to be exclusive and I can do it part time. JB KHunt doesn't care because it doesn't fall under the Hours Of Service. but I'm only making about $50-$75 a week doing local stuff. I found a Load board app for your phone called Empire Loads. But it requires an MC number. After researching the requirements for the cost of getting my own MC#, I chose not to.
    So I'm asking if anyone knows a company that will allow me to lease it on non exclusively and part time or at ;least use their MC# for a fee?
    Thank You

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.