Paschall Truck Lines, Inc. - Murray, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Grayhare, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Mookie34

Mookie34 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2014
    How many miles you average in a week

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lowgear14

lowgear14 Medium Load Member

Jun 1, 2014
    It can depend on where you are at, and what's available in that area. Generally around 2,500- 3,000 miles per week.

4. missjane

missjane Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I submitted an online application and was called back right away, but, unfortunately, PTL isn't an option for me. I was told there is 6-9 month wait for orientation because they don't have enough women trainers and company policy prohibits men doing it. That's 6-9 months I could be earning a paycheck and experience elsewhere.

5. racmlc69

racmlc69 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2014
    It is close.I am a driver for PTL,and they do short you on miles.If you can go some place else I would.I am on the lease plane and I am on my second truck,and I am about to say the hell with it.

6. VolunteerTrucker

VolunteerTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Hello,

How extensive is the background check that PTL uses? I lied about my employment history... I only listed two of my jobs (when I've had many more). None of them are in the industry, it was all food service... I also honestly forgot a failed drug test in my past. Is this going to be a big problem?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks!

7. truckertravis84

truckertravis84 Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Charleston,SC
    Any new info on on PTL????? I have a pre hire from them

8. PeterbiltBound7077

PeterbiltBound7077 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hardin, Kentucky
    Like I've said before, my husband works for PTL and he's in a position where he has face to face contact with drivers all day long and he tells me that on a daily basis there are 4 to 5 company drivers and/or owner operators that turn in their trucks or equipment (qualcomms). Every single day!! PTL is one of the worst companies to work for!! They suck so bad that shortly after I quit, my recruiter quit (we're still friends on facebook) and then my dispatcher quit! It's not just drivers that they have a high turn over rate on!!

9. getlow

getlow Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    Stay away company is a crook you been warned!!

10. thunder munky

thunder munky Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I lasted there as an owner operator 30 days with the truck. I'll tell the whole story.

Recruiter says average 3500 miles a week, take home $1200-$1800 a week, 70 percent drop and hook. ALL OF THAT IS A BUNCH OF LIES.

First is orientation where they rush you thru the contract with no time to read what you're signing. All those meal vouchers come out of your first check at $14 each. They also take out for the hotel for orientation. Then there's the bus ticket to go get your leased piece of junk. You'll be paying for that as well.

I was sent to Carlisle PA where I sat in a hotel for 3 weeks waiting for the truck I picked out to be prepped all the while PTL was charging me for insurance on a truck and trailer I did not yet have possession of. The entire time in Carlisle I was expected to survive on $10 a day, better learn to grab food from the hotel brebreakfast and take it to your room or you'll starve and learn to make iced tea in your room.

Finally I got the truck, they sent me to get an empty trailer to take to Murray so I can have quallcom installed. What they paid me for that didn't even cover the fuel. It took 2 days to get the quallcom installed. Then the trailer I hauled back is put out of service due to frame cracks.

Finally I get the first load, I'm about to make money, or so I thought. I found out the hard way about the pecking order with this company. Think of the load board as a buffet and having to wait your turn in line. First area the trainers, then teams. After that are the company solo drivers. Owner operators get to the table last and all that's left are table scraps. My best week was a mere 1800 miles. As for 70 percent drop and hook, I hauled the same trailer for 29 days. When I finally got a drop and hook there was no empty trailer available and I was sent to a trailer shop 100 miles away to get a trailer. The trailer they told me to pick up would not pass a DOT inspection. There were 6 other good trailers there that they refused to let me hook. I grabbed that crap trailer then the shipper rejected it. I got a load to Louisville KY, then tricked them into letting me drop in on a yard so I could bobtail home and clean out the truck and turn it in.

In short, if you're thinking about their lease operator program I'll tell you to grease your ###, grab your ankles, and learn to smile when it hurts. These bums cost me my house.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.