Passed my Class A!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by cncking2000, Oct 23, 2019.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
  4. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Congratss! Now hopefully trucking fits your life style

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Indentured servitude or company slavery is alive and well.

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Congrats on your license!
    Forget about Prime. no biggie...
    Forget the dump truck. It ain't class A.
    The waste transfer wouldn't be bad....probably.
    But you want OTR. Yup.... It is a blast! I had fun! Loved it! But face the fact it isn't very healthy. That's why I'm working regional from my home town now. Admit that I'm better off all around.

Besides what chinatown came up with...
    Magnum.... Tony will have respect for you training yourself and getting your license on your own.
    If you decide local instead.... Food service pays really well and is very health. I tell those guys they got the best job in trucking. I can't do that since a lower back injury years ago. Darn!

truckdriver31 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which town are you living in?
    Maybe something available nearby that's tractor-trailer and local.
    I thought you want OTR is why I posted those other companies.
    I'm pro-OTR, but that's not for everyone.

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Nope, take one of them, If you a have a small amount of common sese you'll be fine. The mega carriers are scams.Just be careful, pay attention, make sure you will fit before you pull in.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. cncking2000

cncking2000 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Greer, right near the inland port actually. I am on the fence with OTR. I am seeing wages comparable between OTR 1st year income and local 1st year.

I just want to go in the direction that opens more doors. I've spent the last two years driving a box truck and that means nothing it seems.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one that @FlaSwampRat can give information on, including what pay to expect:
    Click -> Apply On Comp
    Coca-Cola beverage route.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    My opinion....
    OTR does mean alot. It's a whole world of experience you can't get local. Besides.... it's fun. I had a blast. Seriously. .... Unless you wanna stay home.

I'll never forget. One night a cold storage opened at midnight. Tons of truck to get in there. They asked me at the gate where my truck is at? (there's a reason) I pointed at it next to the shack we were in. They said ok. Checked me in. I'm to go to a waiting area and wait for Receiving to call me. Only about 15 minutes later. Receiving calls me. I back up to a door. Go inside with my paperwork. Very good place. They do the thinking for you. You need it at 1am. Then I wait in line at the guys who do the unloading. Suddenly the lady comes storming out of the Receiving Office. Shoves paperwork in this drivers chest. Screams at him: "I didn't call you! You get your truck out of here! You get back to the waiting area! You wait for me to call you!"
    I did everything I could to stop from rolling on the floor laughing. Supertruckers...gotta love em.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.