Passed permit and all endorsements

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Coriolanus, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Coriolanus

Coriolanus Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    Good news guys. I just got my temporary permit with doubles, tanker and hazmat.

I hope to have the companies I want to apply to down to 3 by tonight and then will apply tomorrow.

Is it ok to apply to more than one company at a time? If I get offers from more than one and have to refuse one, it won't be an issue will it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply to as many as you want to; the more the better.
    Choose the best offer; no issue at all.

feldsforever and Coriolanus Thank this.
  4. RoadSideDown

RoadSideDown Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2021
    Apply to multiples. Then follow up with a call to the recruiter listed (corporate). Then call the driver manger at the local terminal fir each one. Do not rely solely on the online app with a corporate recruiter in another city.

Carriers are in serious need of drivers. I would apply to the top 4 on your list. After a week of follow up calls I bet you have at least one offer. If not then apply to your second tier carriers. What you don’t want us to get offers from bottom feeders when you haven’t yet talked to the local terminal al if your top choices.

If you need more time to decide just tell the recruiter. They will be happy to get you any time you are available. Don’t think you have to commit to a second tier offer when you are waiting to hear back from a top choice.

surf_avenue and Coriolanus Thank this.
  5. Coriolanus

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    Thanks for the responses guys.

So far, my top 4 (the ones I will apply to right away) will be Prime, XPO, YRC and the FedEx Driver Apprentice Program.

6. Coriolanus

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    I ended up changing my mind on the companies I would apply to first. Sent applications in to Swift, Prime, Schneider and Wilson.

Fingers crossed.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    After living in the city, you'll love the open road.

Coriolanus Thanks this.
  8. mistermoose

mistermoose Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2021
    OREGON
    Apply to each company one at a time (starting with your least favorite). If for some reason they find something wrong with your application and disqualify you from the application process, you'll be aware of this when you apply to others (which you prefer anyway).

feldsforever and Coriolanus Thank this.
  9. Coriolanus

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    That's an interesting way of doing things. Although I have already applied to four of the ones that seemed best to me. But it's something to keep in mind for the future.

I have received callbacks from Schneider and Wilson, but I missed both calls. I am in the habit of not answering when I don't recognize the area code. I guess I have to get out of that habit at least for a while.

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Call Wilson and say you missed the call but it shows on your phone that you were called.

11. Coriolanus

Aug 23, 2021
    Mordor, USA
    Oh I already called Wilson back and left a message. I will call them again on Monday if I don't hear back before then. I would probably accept an offer from Wilson without waiting to hear back from the others. I've heard very good things about them.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.