Passed TMC's 3-week CDL orient, today I head out for OTR training

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Farva, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Holy crap, your on pace to gross $95k/year

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    With the operative word being "Pace". I'd have to be able to maintain that pace. I'll have to take good weeks w/ the bad weeks, but I really wanted to make the above post for new drivers coming in that ask "what did you make" or "what can you make", etc.

At the VERY least, I have to improve my time mgmt. I'm VERY sloppy with time mgmt, but that will only come with experience.

I did get a call from a VP yesterday morning talking to me about my numbers. He asked that I call him back (said "whatever you and your trainer figured out, keep doing it"), but you can't talk and drive per TMC policy, and if my truck isn't rolling, nobody is making money, so I'm not sure I'll be able to talk to him anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Coover Thanks this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Your first week certainly kicked ###.

Your first snapshot will be here before you know it. Hopefully you do everything right and hit 32% right out of the gate.

Farva Thanks this.
  5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Was that VP Jeff Wisgerhof? You want to make it a point to return his call. Good guy that genuinely cares.

6. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    Nope, this gentleman's name was Mike. He was VP of West Area Sales. Jeff is over the CDL training.

7. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    So my official hire date is 1/25, so I'm already a couple of months into my 12-month contractual agreement with TMC. That being said, this time next month it goes from a 4k balances to a 3k balance, and then another 3 months down to 2k, then 1k at 9 months of service.

That being said, I just wrapped up my first-month solo driving and wanted to share some numbers. If there are any others you'd be interested to know, let me know, and I'll try to get them.

Gross Pay: $5666.85 (this does not include any bounce/DH miles or Tarp pay) (If I were to have selected to be paid by CPM instead of %: $4446.80) (My current trend is that I'll will go from 26% of Rev To the Truck to 33% by my first snapshot if that were the case, that would increase my gross too: $7193 for the same month)

So the incentive is strong here to keep doing what I'm doing for that extra ~$1500/month for the same effort

Miles: 11,048

Avg Pay Per Load: $354.18 (@26% pay)

Weekly Truck Revenue Avg: $5082 (this gives me max points towards my snapshot

Current mpgs: 7.07 (this gives me max points towards my snapshot

Current Out of Route: %4.4 (this gives me max points towards my % snapshot)

Having Passport, TWIC , and HM endorsements gives me max endorsement points towards my snapshot

Getting parked at my consignee each Sunday evening by 9pm local has also given me max points towards my snapshot

That is all, for now, I'll be back with another update in a few more months, or as anything helpful to new CDL students arises.

8. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    My current week-over-week for the month/trend is 33%!

9. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I saw you post your trainer went home every weekend. Did he get home friday or saturday and when was he expected back out?

10. Farva

Farva Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2018
    South Dakota
    The earliest we got home was a Thursday night, the latest we got home was Friday night around 9-11pm (can't remember).

We always left Sunday at 11am to head to our Monday delivery location. You don't have to leave Sunday, but you won't make good money w/ TMC running that way.

11. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Thanks just keep8ng an eye out on whats out there. Have always run reefer for the same company and its hard to give up 4 weeks vacation. Always take payout but not the time. Currently get home Friday and leave the house to head to the truck between 1pm and 5pm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.