PASSED

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Buster, Dec 10, 2008.

1. CHEVUSA

CHEVUSA Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    buster,congrads man on you passing!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    hay Chev, thanks. I go Dec 17th for my DOT phys for Roehl.

4. countrycruisers

countrycruisers Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Vienna, IL
    And here I thought the CDL was federaly regulated. If it is, then how can individual states dictate their own rules on what they require on the CDL. Now I'm not one that really likes the feds in on much of anything more than protecting our country from forign invaders. But as far as the trucking industry goes it would be alot easyer to follow one set of rules rather than forty eight. Never heard of a special indorsment for metal coils.

5. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    Thats a good point. So one would have to wonder, are the endorsment tests similar state to state? Is it the state it self decide the questions? Or dose the feds just set guidelines for the states to follow??

6. CHEVUSA

CHEVUSA Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    didn't you get your dot physical before you got your permit?
    And yea i know roehl gives another physical and does a drug test...i"m still set to start rdtc on feb,2

7. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    I had a current DOT phys before starting drivers school. This new Physical is for Roehl. They do the drug test once your arrive at the terminal. Do you have your CDL A lic or are you going through thier school??

8. CHEVUSA

CHEVUSA Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Poughkeepsie, NY

no licence,going throught there school.getting dot physical done on jan 5,then taking cdl permit test prob the next day,not looking forward to the written test,heard metal coil test is suppose to be a ***ch...

9. CHEVUSA

CHEVUSA Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    ...buster,by the way,your going to marshfield on jan 12,are you driving out,and how long is this thing,(orienation?),suppose to last?

10. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    Metal coil was a B&%$H, it was tricky. I found read the last half is where most of the questions came from. Im going to Gary Ind on the 12th. Im not sure how Im getting there yet. DaWayne said we would discuss that in a couple weeks. Oh, the permit for CDL A wasent bad at all.

11. happypappy25

happypappy25 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    League City, Texas
    That endorsement is a new one on me. Doesn't seem right that everyone else in the country can haul coils thru NY and you had to pay $5 to do it. Must be another revenue thing...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.