Passenger Plus?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by grusco, Apr 5, 2013.

1. grusco

grusco Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Rosemount, MN
    I'm currently scheduled to join JB Hunt driving Intermodal but now considering a move to Crete. I see on their web site they have a "no cost passenger" program. My wife thinks she may want to go out with me sometiime down the road. But if she comes we have an 8 pound toy poodle that would have to ride along. Does JBH have a pet/no pet pollicy?

I'd also take any comments on the comparison between Hunt (Intermodal out of Chicago) and Crete OTR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I don't know about their policies, you might call them and talk to a recruiter to find out for sure.

I rode with my husband for a year in the past and it was great. A very good way to see the country, even if you can't stop and sightsee, and all seasons of the year are different. We stayed out for about 3mo before coming home, so if you have grandkids their life passes by very fast at 3mo increments.

I read and had my laptop. I also helped him with the making sure our gps had the right route and writing down the load info in a notebook with the routing, shipper and receiver info, etc. Qualcomm's do go down sometimes and it is always good to have the info written somewhere.

A lot of truckers take their pets and it is really common now to see all types and amounts. The worse thing is if you are having to have any type work done on your truck, you can't leave them in the truck and most terminals won't let you take them inside either. The pet has to be in a pet cage kennel and left outside, even if it is 90's or more out. Plan on having to get a motel that allows a pet if you are ever broke down.

You will also need to see if Crete has apu's on their trucks, most companies have no or very little idle policies and unless it is very hot or cold the truck will turn off after a few minutes. Some states allow you to idle if you have a pet, but don't rely on that as a safeguard.

PurpleMama Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.