Passenger rule?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by dahookup29, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    If they want to log when I get out of my sleeper to use the bathroom i'm going to do it by taking a dump on my log book.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    E-logs would show it . They automatically go from driving to on duty after a truck stops and back to driving after a truck gets up to a speed specified by the carrier . Drive time cannot be edited

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I haven't run in CT in over 20 years but they used to park in rest areas and ask drivers getting out of the truck for their log books

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Wisconsin.

truckon Thanks this.
  6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Ohio does that too.

truckon and Roadmedic Thank this.
  7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I had one guy at a scale give me grief because I showed my full 10 in the sleeper (which I have been known to do) without logging any bathroom break or meals. I told him, I have a fridge & a microwave, I (#1) in a bottle, (#2) in a bag and (make myself happy) in a sock... which sample do you want? He was momentarily speechless before telling me to get lost.

It is going way, way too far to be asking about petty junk like that and, IMHO, only the weaseliest of enforcement would ever stoop to writing violations/citations or even asking about it.

Badmon and Mcke Thank this.
  8. Buckobonzai

Buckobonzai Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2020
    that is not what the passenger rule states. The passenger rule is a definition of what constitutes a 10 hour rest break in a codriver situation. This does not mean that you are not allowed to be in off duty in the passenger seat for more than 2 prior going in to sleeper birth. What it means is that as part of a legal 10 hour rest break, you must have 8 hours consecutive sleeper birth time with any combination of off duty or sleeper birth making up the remaining 2 hours on either end of the rest break. This then implies that as part of a 10 hour rest break in team driving situations, you can log a maximum of 2 hours off duty.

9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    You realize there have been 172 changes to the regulations since this thread was started?

10. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Wish the idiots making the rules would just give up and go home already but I wont hold my breath

11. Buckobonzai

Buckobonzai Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2020
    I am in possession of the 2019 rule book, so it is possible that the rules have changed. Do you have a specific code to reference in regards to anything other than what I clarified on the “passenger rule”

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.