passing a weigh station

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by eighthoots, Oct 22, 2010.

1. eighthoots

eighthoots Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I passed a weigh station because the guy in front of me did. I said oops when I realized it was open. The guy in front of me got pulled over under the next overpass. No, no, I took that exit and circled around and passed through the second time around. What have you done to get around a ticket?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. statikuz

statikuz Medium Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Reno Nevada
    There, fixed! ;)

4. INF3RNAL

INF3RNAL Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Gurnee, IL
    You know, some of these stations don't have a sign until the ramp. It's possible if he was close to the guy he would not have known until he passed.

5. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I would have kept on going..

crankit2152 and rocknroll nik Thank this.
  6. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Be careful around the Prepass stations then. You will get no warning if the truck in front may get a bypass and you don't notice the four letter word is out. Must remember to pay more attention to those nasty buggers.

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  7. TNPRIDE1066

TNPRIDE1066 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    TRENTON ,GA
    Don't try it down in valdosta,ga . They tend to get pi##! Off and , do chase you down, ask me how i know ...lmao.... Oopsy

rocknroll nik Thanks this.
  8. BNR32

BNR32 Heavy Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    denver, CO
    they can be hard as all hell to spot. if i cant tell or even the slightest doubt i just pull in, and i have pulled into closed stations but better than blowing by an open one.

a good gps is nice, the tnd which i have will give you 3 miles notice so you can start paying attention.

9. leanright

leanright Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    phila,pa.

If you have pre-pass, you have to follow what the pre-pass indicator on your windshield says, not the scale bypass sign. Your pre-pass box is what you have to look at ! If it's flashing red you must pull in to scale, Green means go. If your box flashes red but the scale sign says bypass... you Must stop !!

10. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Which GPS do you use?

spinpsychle Thanks this.
  11. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    W. bound 90 Spokane Wa. There are so many skid marks just after the entrance to the coop its ridiculous. Actually, there are so many skid marks they poured a "second chance" entrance.

Thing is, that scale NEVER closes. Guys just don't realize its there since you cant see it, and you gotta get off the Interstate and onto a side road to enter. Whats double bad is they currently have a bridge closed sign directly in front of the scale open sign. You line the bridge closed sign, and the scale house sign up (optical illusion) as your rounding the bend and the #### thing looks like big word is out lol

Twice I have been in there while another guy is pleading their case for running that scale.:biggrin_2556:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.