Past suspensions?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Danch, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You would be surprised at just how much of your driving record is in places other then a state database. Insurance carriers don't dispose of data. In 1984 I had a small (at fault) fender bender that the person I hit filed a claim on at the time I was living with my parents while driving a small truck. In 2002 I was helping my mother change insurance carriers after she bought her car. We were asked about an accident reported by a resident of that address in 1984. I am still in disbelief this came back after almost 20 years. It did. These databases are available to company's that do background checks. Just don't assume it takes a court action to get info from these databases. Information is power and it is also VERY profitable to the company maintaining it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Trucking company's really don't have to mess with pulling DMVs. Their insurance carrier does it or in the case of self insurance the company that manages it will. Yes you should fill out a CDL driving history for the last 10 years. However it is important to note one thing you are asked to do is sign releases for release of your DAC files. Driving history is part of it. As is drug testing history. It is a foolish person indeed that refuses to accept that just living your life you leave a papertrail of that life.

4. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Yes i am

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.