Pastures new @ Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by chowick1966, Jun 25, 2013.

1. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Day 4 (06/27) - Final Half Day

Finishing up paperwork, more general stuff this time from Fleet Manager Nikki (The Fleet Managers are in charge of the Driver Managers) and from Brett, the Regional Vice President a very approachable and seems to be a good guy. They have a lot of people from Celadon in the Indy Terminal,and all are good people with a good understanding of Truckers and the Trucking Industry. Wind down at around 12 noon. An then wait for my ride to pick up my truck at Pontoon Beach.

He eventually arrives at 5pm and I get my stuff and go! Arrive at Pontoon Beach at 9.30pm and hop into my truck.

View attachment 49831

My Smurf Blue Truck!!

Around 250k on it....not the best truck I have ever seen,but as long as it goes and stops that is really all I need. Always been disappointed though with the storage space in the Cascadias though. The Pro Star Mid Roof has it beaten hands down on that front!

Should have my first dispatch tomorrow (today,yesterday or whenever this is read!!!)

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Congratulations cant see the attachment though.

4. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Good luck..welcome to the family

5. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Day 1 - Out of Orientation and on the road

It's been a long week! Orientations can sometimes be extremely dull and tiring - this one wasn't too bad.

First dispatch - Pontoon Beach IL to St. James MO back to Hazelwood MO
    Pick up CHEP Pallets and take them to Hazelwood,weigh the load - the first one I have ever had to weigh at a CAT where I am not shelling out anything at all!! Head to Hazelwood, drop then contact Dan in Indy, head home -bobtail no less!! Don't need to tell me twice! So hear I sit, till Monday morning. More next week!

123456 and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  6. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY 4 (on the road-ish and home) 06/28

Finally got a decent nights sleep in the truck, astonishing how much difference an APU makes.....no worrying if there is enough battery power to keep the A/C going long enough before thinkgs literally come to a loud halt involving shedding loads and the like
    FIRST LOAD: Pontoon Beach IL-St. James MO-Hazelwood MO:
    MT 111 LD: 101 TOT: 212 TOT for Week: 212

Was told to bobtail home and come out Monday.....Didn't need telling twice on that!!

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  7. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY 5 & 6 06/29 - 06/31 - HOME
    Nothing more to add other than that really!!

8. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY 7 07/01-ON THE ROAD

Finally back at it for real.
    Hazelwood MO - Bloomington IL - Mount Sterling IL - Lincoln IL - Owensboro KY:
    MT Miles: 394 (Subject to correction-a lot of these were bobtail miles coming home not sure if I will be paid all of them-living in hope!)
    LD Miles: 254 Tot: 648 Tot for week: 648 (These miles are app. at the moment.....I will change when I am sure!!)

So a lot of empty and bobtail miles....bobtail from home to Mount Sterling for an empty then to Lincoln and stop there to take an 8 so I wont be hideously late on my first 'real' load as it were....

Miles driven today: 221

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  9. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY 8 07/02

Long and tiring day today!!! Finally got done with the delivery early early this morning in Owensboro,KY and had to take a 2 hour break immediately or pretty much be in violation straight away. Got my next load assignment,lucrative but not pretty!!! A hot Staples load, with 8 deliveries and driver assist....I guess we'll see how that goes tomorrow!!!!
    Owensboro KY - Terre Haute IN - Greensburg IN - Madison IN - Lexington KY (x3) - Elizabethtown KY - Glasgow KY - Cookeville TN
    MT Miles:139 Ld Miles: 535 Total: 674 (Includes MUCH stop pay from $30 (I think!!) for 1st 3 stops, then $35, $40 and $45 (I think that's how it went anyway!!) a total of around $250..
    Total for week: 1,322

Miles driven today: 425

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  10. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Been a little while since I updated...but here it is now!
    DAY 9 07/03

Seven deliveries,all assists (but no big deal) starting with the pick up in Terre Haute IN, drop in Greensburg IN, Madison IN, 3 stops in Lexington KY,Elizabethtown KY and Glasgow KY and done for the day....with a 20 minute violation of my 14 also,made the classic mistake of thinking I would be able to park somewhere (in this case Glasgow,KY) and couldn't find anywhere! A long and exhausting day!!

Miles driven today: 516

11. chowick1966

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY 10 07/04

Finishing off the Staples load with a final in Cookeville TN. Arrive at 8am as scheduled,nobody there. Eventually call Staples customer service to find out that they do not open till 10am!! Sit and wait for several hours before finally getting unloaded.

Next load: Cookeville TN - Jackson TN - Indianapolis IN
    MT Miles: 209 Ld Miles: 432 Tot Miles: 641 Tot for week: 1,963

Long dead head to a familiar place: Kellogg's (Pringles) in Jackson,TN...initially was supposed to go to West Jefferson,OH....sent in my loaded call and got a message back saying "Can you get it there any sooner or the load will fail..." erm, late delivery time is 1630 and my eta is 1300?? How so??? Come to find out they need it dropped in the Indy yard to get another driver home.....would have been nice to have known that!! Oh well!!!

End up taking my break right there in Jackson at the Love's in order to get up to Indy as soon as I could.

Miles driven today: 335

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.