Pat Salmon & Sons (mailhauler)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by SlickDigit, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hipshot

hipshot Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2014
    ocala,fl
    Worked for them for two years, started with seasonal,then went xtra board in atlanta, within 3months had a team run gig from atlanta to Pittsburgh,which like to have killed me.....then transfered to the tampa terminal running from tampa to atlanta....the thing that i finally could NOT deal with anylonger was the #$@&oles that worked at the postoffices...the most arrogant,insecure," your a scumbag truck driver" attitudes.........
    If it were not for them, probally still be there makin coin!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TakinItEasy

TakinItEasy Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2012
    OKC, OK
    Worked for them through a temp agency. Their day cabs weren't maintained very well at all. Their team trucks were though. Trailers were always immaculate. Decent pay. I would stay in a bunk house one or two nights a week. Your route was scheduled by the minute. I was late due to a traffic accident and the postal inspector wrote me down as carrier failure. He stated traffic jam should have been in the schedule. Never went back.

4. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I used to deliver to the post office for 2 years, and almost every truck and trailer I ever seen of Salmon Bros was a piece of crap. As a matter of fact most of the mail contract companies have garbage equipment. Pay is good but the equipment I've seen is horrible.

5. Stan Oliver

Stan Oliver Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2019
    They SUCK ####.
    Hired my brother in Fayetteville Arkansas. Then told him the post office denied his badge. Found out they were a bunch of lying mother ####ers.

YES I would be more than happy to tell them this to their face.

6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    If USPS denied his badge there was something on his MVR or FBI background check that was not within their parameters. There is no gray area.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.