Pay and my experience.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dragondriver2020, Feb 5, 2021.

1. dragondriver2020

dragondriver2020 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Not only was I misled misguided and misinformed and the dispatch.. anyway chain of events got me in a sticky situation one tow and a point on dac. Little personal accountability george?(edwardsville o.c.) so Im in trouble for following your guidance? Lets talk about the chain of events that led me to getting towed on my first trip, oh yeah i folowd your persistence instructions... Thanks Schneider...thanks oh and apparently its ok if your truck pulls through the 3 point break test... According to leadership. "Just drive it" so im out. Bad experience. pay $580.00 5 days at 14 hrs whats that umm under 9$ an hour. $8.28 what exactly is minimum wage?

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Can't get much more clearer than that!

skyviper73, 91B20H8, Opus and 3 others Thank this.
  4. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Look on the brightside now you know what not to follow. The cost of education nowadays is high.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MTN Boomer Thanks this.
  5. dragondriver2020

Feb 5, 2021
    Ha! Yeah i suppose your right.

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Another unhappy driver at the big uglies , say it ain't so !!!!

The worst job in the world is the job you HAVE TO have and the only job you can get then on top of that saying your job is minimum wage.
    Isn't minimum wage jobs considered the bottom of the barrel ?

You weren't clear in your story so thats the best I could come up with. Sorry for your troues but we all go through it sometimes thats just life. After a couple good nights sleep it won't be a big deal. Get a better job and you can laugh about this in a couple years.

DoubleO7 and dragondriver2020 Thank this.
  7. dragondriver2020

Feb 5, 2021
    Well the details are my first trip by myself so i pick up my truck fresh outta their shop so i go a pre trip not to through seeings how it just got out of the shop. My mistake for trusting that anyway 2days later get a dispatch tells me the place name and address so i pick up trailer from lowes which leave trailer doors open and condensation all over, its shining with water looks fine, i go to the shipper ppl say they moved out a long time ago, dbl aka leader is confused after some research he sends me address through the phone to this cidney place with metals (makes sence pick up empty from construction to meatal load well i ask him about the areal view i said the place is listed in the front but looks a bit bigger in the back (tho they look the same tbh he said go in fron looks like a guard shak i said are you sure says yes ok i go for the turn (looks tight but we had a training simulation looks almost like this) i get the truck on this s curve going up hill noproblem i get up there and is too late shouldnt be there i try back up get my drives high in the mud just enough i cant pull out need a tow (no dmg) lust a muddy hill and a second too late so he sends me to the back i wait till lunch go in im at the right place its called cidney but they have no clue what im doing there and everything they have looks like flatbed to me i see ah f-350 with dot on it pucking up (probably shouldn't be here either, why do they keep telling me i need to be here?) Anyway my leader says im wrong that im at the place i need to be, while this company is telling me nothing we have can be loaded on a dry van lok i see this still told im at the right place wee after some time he says oh no thats not the place nor is it called that so they send me to the first place i pulled in with np tho the main address was right the building number was off than they tell me they cant load me its medical supplies and theres hydrologic fluid in the wood. After that my dbl says thats why you need a flashlight and a broom i say thats good i got two!, And its hydrologic fluid details didnt say medical supplies says metal dosent say scrub and spay its hydrologic fluid! So im sitting at piolet and with this 1st dispatch and my leadership the chain of envents i decide seems like evean after i listend to instructions to a T he was still blaming me for all of it so i decide to do a full blown pre trip, guess what im shutting her down!, three point break test fails pulls through the tractor breaks and ez now. So i service call george tells me its fine, and than has his mechanic ensure me of this, says there not specked to hold (mind you my trainer truck and the truck i manuverd in HELD!) drive it anyway and cancelled my service call THAN THEY TELL ME COME IN FOR REMEDIAL TRANING... (F-u ALL!- went through my head) so on my route home i turned in the truck..aint doin this in regards to the wage thing its my time im figuring out if i have to give someone my time to pay my bills im not taking less than 15 an hour or i just wont work and ill go fishin or enjoy my time..what else is there ta do?

surf_avenue Thanks this.
  8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    How long have you been driving ???

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Man that was tough to read.....I thought you left because your truck had bad brakes?

Professor No-Name and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Geezus....just, wow.
    Dude, I can't read your gibberish.
    Happy trails.

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    For those who struggle reading stream of consciousness:
    • OP picked up his first tractor and either did a cursory pre trip or no pre trip at all because it just came out of the shop
    • OP starts his first load by going to a Lowes DC to pick up an mt trailer. The trailer has a lot of condensation/water in it.
    • OP goes to his pickup, but the dispatch had the wrong address.
    • Driver manager finds the right address, he and OP discuss if he should go in the front or the back. DM advises the front
    • OP goes to someplace and tries to enter the POV lot. OP drives up a serpentine drive before he realizes he made an mistake.
    • OP tries to back out, runs his drives onto mud, gets stuck and needs to get towed out.
    • OP drives around back, but everyone is at lunch so he can't check in.
    • When OP does check in, he is told "you're at the wrong place."
    • After some back and forth, it turns out OP had gone to the right place orignially, it's a shared warehouse and OP just went to the wrong suite.
    • OP's trailer is rejected for having oil on the floor.
    • OP has a hissy fit with his DM
    • OP decides to finally pre-trip his truck. During the air brake test, the truck is able to over power the truck's parking brakes. OP says that's a fail, which is technically true, but my guess is the 'gentle tug' was done at more than 1000 rpms. OP talks with DM, DM gets lead mechanic (lead mechanic is a stand up guy - his shop is one of the best in the company) to talk with OP.
    • OP is routed back to the OC for remedial training.
    • Instead of detailing his version of events (which could have led to his DM getting slapped down, or apologies from customer service), then asking the sanctimonious safety critter for advice and used the experience to learn and grown as a driver, OP rage quit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.