pay lagging behind?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TurtlesLikeI, Jan 23, 2018.

1. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    with economy and production going up and driver time effectively going down industry wide because of elds and other factors, it seems a lot of companies are upping their pay and o/o getting better deals.

meanwhile at schneider i’ve seen a .02 increase in 7 months and sitting at $.41 split for teaming. should i be looking at other companies or just stick it out until i get to 1 year?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    If your under contract for a year then finish the year.
    If not then do whatever you want.
    I would get away from that team garbage as soon
    as I could.
    It goes against every reason to do this job.
    And no you don't make more money running team
    You just live like slob.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. HazelEyes2

HazelEyes2 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2018
    There's plenty of good companies out there that'll hire you for more per mile solo if you're interested in long haul reefer. Grand Island Express is a good starter company with minimal experience. You'll start out at prob low to mid 40's cents per mile with them. They are extremely particular about their vehicle maintenance (on-site shop) plus they've got an on site free automatic truck wash for GIX drivers. Excellent small company that cares about their drivers. I drove for them for 7 years long haul. Hated to leave but I needed something closer to home (Chicago) due to the loss of a family member and needed to be home more. Good luck to you..most of us have been in your shoes, so hang in there.

OLDSKOOLERnWV Thanks this.
  5. TurtlesLikeI

TurtlesLikeI Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Nevada
    higher pay, longer runs on average and less live loads probably does encourage slightly higher pay, but i digress, still not worth it.

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    It's not just about pay. I know companies that will pay me more. I asked if go to the Northeast. Yes they do and said lots of their loads go to long island and NYC. I passed on that deal deal. My current company does no go to Northeast. It's not worth a pay to go their.

7. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    I can never figure out why people in the NE aren't naked and starving to death,I swear every freakin driver on here refuses to go NE.:rolleyes:

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We paid 25 a mile to top hands in the 80's mid 30's going into the 90's and still paying people too stupid to understand that .30-40 or whatever thereabouts have been common for decades.

What it should be paid is about .50 for basic newbies and close to a dollar for experienced hands and 1.20 minimum to the truck for teams. You wont believe what the truck produces until you are on a percentage pay of about 25 to 35% and really understand what it will rake in during a good hard week. Thousands. (There is the fuel, tires, insurance, payments etc etc etc.)

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    now subtract needing to pay dividends to shareholders first.......

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    SNI has never been a top paying company, at least not in the last decade-plus. For a company of their size, there are a number of things they do quite well, but pay isn’t up high on the list. And while cpm is not the do-all end-all when deciding on a company, there are better choices for both teams and solos.

Good luck.

Home_on_wheels and TennMan Thank this.
  11. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Wages went down last quarter. Until the minimum wage goes up. Pay will be the same. Just my .02

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.