Pay Raises

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    How many hours a week do you work for your $90,000 a year?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    Yes. While I don't drive for Wal-Mart I don't understand why drivers settle for anything but the best in compensation and hop from one typical OTR mill to the next. Driving for 36 cpm with a clean record and a couple years experience doesn't further your career, it may keep you afloat, nothing more. I make .70 cpm as a company driver along with an hourly rate for everything else and it averages out to about the same as a Wal-Mart driver, maybe a tad less. It's what we all should be making.

BigTennOTR and Cali kid Thank this.
  4. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    From my experience private fleets are the best hands down, I've had the privilege to haul both fuel and now cryogenics. Both have been for private fleets with excellent pay and benefits, also mostly all local work. If I ever went back on the road I would look for another private fleet. I got my start working for a mega and that's about all it was good for.

5. NCdriver

NCdriver Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    I work a five day work week.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    All while being told that you aren't allowed to communicate with loved ones unless parked, and with a camera looking at you.

7. NCdriver

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    There are no camera yet. They are just testing as of now. I can talk on the phone just not a lot. Where my wife works and can't talk on her phone unless she on a break .

8. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Really, because according to the Walmart recruiter that contacted me I'd not have a choice on the camera, and cell phone use while driving was prohibited

9. NCdriver

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    Well I get 10 min in hour that is company policy. I tell you there is no camera in my truck and in and none at my dc in the big rigs. There is a camera in the small store to store 6 wheeler. I just got of a meeting on cameras they are in testing

10. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Roger that on the camera, but 10 min an hour? How do they verify those numbers? Do they ask for a copy of you phone records

11. NCdriver

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    They normally only ask for phone records if you have an accident. If you are found to the phone outside the policy you will be terminated. I'm not talking a minute . If you sent a text while driving y

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.