Pay Raises

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by BackIsSore, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Sending a text I can understand, but if you're using a handsfree headset... Cmon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Talking on the phone is a distraction............... and a big one. It doesn't matter if you are talking hands free or not. Walmarts phone policy is that you can talk for 10 minutes in 60 while driving, for a maximum of 60 minutes in the day. When you are stopped, you can talk as much as you want. Remember that for the most part, you are not a "big time truck driver" when you work for the Private fleet. This means you are not hitting the road driving all day. You are stopping all day long at stores, DC's, and vendors. There is plenty of opportunity to talk on the phone.

WM will only request your phone records if you are in an accident, or get called for a random alcohol test. Not a random drug test. I believe it is only for the previous 3 days.

There are two camera tests going on. One is forward facing only and the other is forward and driver facing. There are a couple of DC's on both. Currently, the forward / driver facing test is on hold due to issues with the equipment. We will see what happens.

Texting while driving, for truck drivers, is a Federal Offense. Well that, and anyone who does is an idiot.

slim6596 and noninetofive Thank this.
  4. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Obviously Walmart doesn't believe their drivers are trustworthy enough to be able to use their own discretion when it comes to phone calls. My wife and I talk all the time when I'm driving, unless I'm in a heavy traffic situation then I'm off the phone. Good thing I don't have the patience to pull a dry van or refer.

5. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    OK, to each their own. For me it wasn't worth turning down a $30,000 a year raise to talk on the phone like an adolescent school girl all day long! Seriously what ever floats your boat

WallyWife and noninetofive Thank this.
  6. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So because one has a child at home who has emotional problems and had threatened to harm themselves makes then an adolescent school girl because they are the only one that's able to calm them down... Understood

KillingTime Thanks this.
  7. mike3fan

mike3fan Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2010
    michigan
  8. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    How many of those days do you sleep in the truck? Is it true you guys get paid extra when you have to sleep in your bunk or is that some long standing truck stop rumor? Do you get Saturday and Sunday off?

9. NCdriver

NCdriver Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    We do get paid to sleep in the truck. I have a rotating schedule that gives me different days off.

unloader Thanks this.
  10. NCdriver

NCdriver Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Creedmoor, NC
    They have what they call programs. The one I'm on works like this. If I start my week on a Monday my week looks like this. M T W T F then off S and S. Back to work the same days then have off S , S and M. Then work T W T F S then off only 2 days it keeps going that way.

elcostarrican Thanks this.
  11. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    It's a liability issue just like with every profitable large company, do that math.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.