Pay

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Rnc899, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Rnc899

Rnc899 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Thanks needed to know so I can stretch out my low finances until I see the good checks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    Well, before you know it you will be making so much money you will be able to use your wallet to sit on! :)

4. Rnc899

Rnc899 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2016
    LOL hope your right cause now it's pretty flat I'll have to dust it off it hasn't been used much

5. Aaabbbccc

Aaabbbccc Light Load Member

Just remember, every new driver must buy a new pick-up or Harley within one year of employment. It's in the fine print somewhere.

6. Rnc899

Rnc899 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2016
    great already have the Harley I let my wife know about the truck rule and get back to you

7. georgear1084

georgear1084 Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    This is funny. After I did my pti and road test I came home and told the little woman I was going to have to buy a new truck after seeing all the nice ones the drivers had......she said you already have a nice truck! Lol

8. tdreher

tdreher Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2015
    I must have screwed up. I'm still in my first year and I bought a house.

WallyWife Thanks this.
  9. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    What is the pay. Lay it out.

Mileage-
    Hourly-
    Layover-
    Extended layover-
    Sunday OT-

Benfits-
    Dental-
    Vision-
    Health-

Deductions copays??

10. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Pay:

Mileage: Starting mileage is dependent on DC. My husband has been there 3 1/2 years. Every year he has received his yearly raise and a company wide raise.
    Activity: You get paid for arrive, drop, hook, live load, live unload, claims, backhaul, layover, etc.
    There is no such thing as extended layover. If you have extra time at a vendor, a store, break down, etc, you get $14 an hour. The coordinators will pick it up on your trip sheet without you having to say a thing, and will ask about any extra time. There is no OT. Very rarely will you sit around with nothing to do. WM will keep you busy. About the worst will be a lag from ETD to dispatch. This isn't like your normal trucking company.

Health insurance varies based on the base DC. Contact HR to find out what is available. Every DC has multiple plans available.
    Dental is available.
    Vision is available.
    Long term disability is available. WM pays for short term disability.
    Extra life insurance is available.
    AD&D is available.
    Critical illness is available.
    401K is available with up to 6% company match.
    WM stock is available with 15% discount.
    WM discount card is given at hire.

When new PTO plan goes into effect in Feb, 1 year employees can earn up to 21 paid days off at full ADP. 2nd year goes up from there.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  11. WallyWife

WallyWife Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Roger, this isn't like your typical truck driving job. Get that out of your head. My husband earns from $0.75-0.90 per mile, all compensation included. Sometimes you get a lot of miles. Sometimes you get a lot of activity. Sometimes it is a combination of both. You will always earn good money.

slim6596 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.