Pay???

Discussion in 'Werner' started by dragonmatrix, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    No idea about teams but average I would say is around $600 a week or so. I have had weeks as low as $300 and as high as 1000 so it just depends if you get miles or not. Its been going up recently tho since 2 weeks ago i did 2900 miles and last week 3300 miles.

Yay for 1000+ mile trips to canada and back.

Also you can become a trainer after 6 months of solo driving not 1 year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    Lowest I've brought home is $500 - Highest $950 on Family $$ account. Normal is around $700. This is take home pay and that is NOT including per diem. I work hard for those $$ though. Average about 1750 miles/week.

4. Nascar_Bobby

Nascar_Bobby Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Lima, OH
    Well me and my teammate decided not to deliver our last load early. I had less than 10 hrs on my 70 in 5 days. We got about 6500 miles as a team this week. This is a great deal of work for me as a newby.

It seems if you don't make mistakes and drive good, then the pay is there (exspecially for a newby is this economy).

5. CBtruckers Wife

CBtruckers Wife Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Nascar Bobby- Thanks for the info. So if you don't mind me asking about what is that in dollars. Do you feel you make more as a team than solo? My husband has a friend that he got on to Werner at the same time as himself. He has had a little more experience about 3 months more with another company. They are talking teaming together then my hubby heard from his trainer that you make more solo. That just doesn't seem to fit what I have read on here. I think I understand that with teams you get paid alot less per mile but of course you are running more and then you split your miles and thats what you get paid on. If I have got this figured wrong then please explain. We just are wondering if its true what his trainer said.

6. CBtruckers Wife

Jun 18, 2009
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Hunt2much,

Thanks for responding. I quess that the lowest isn't to bad if that is bring home. Do you get to do the family $$ very often? Or were you on a dedicated route then? Thanks again. It is just hard to figure some of this out.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I don't know much about Werner, but, if you're going to have internet access in the truck, set up a TAB bank account with the Flying J. I have direct deposit to my hometown bank. I transfer most the money to TAB through their website. I get a now days decent return on their Money Market. I can withdrawl up to $400 from a Flying J ATM for a dollar in ATM fees. which is tax deductible. Sure beats writing Comchecks.

8. CBtruckers Wife

Jun 18, 2009
    Huber Heights, Ohio
    Is the ATM fee only 1.00 if you have their account? Do you know what it is if its a different bank?

9. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    That is bring home pay. I'm dedicated on the Family Dollar account. I got on that account within a week of finishing training and have been on it for 5 months now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.