Payroll Deduction scam

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DillonJ, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Personally I doubt there will even be an investigation.

Even if there is an investigation AND US Express is found to be violating the FLSA, any penalty will be paltry at best. As for the 3rd party recruiter - they have no control over the contract. They find and vet candiates, once connected they have no other obligations. He won't be hurt at all.

I also doubt that what they are doing is illegal. Immoral? Sure. Almost impossible to encorce? Definitely. Illegal? Probably not. But I am not willing to pay a contract lawyer $300 an hour to find out for sure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Like I said before, the people you worked with weren’t professionals if bumping into stuff was normal. I’ll give you one guess what would happen if I showed up with scuff marks on my trailer. Hint: I’d be looking for a different trailer to pull.

B4649C0F-7CAE-4772-9473-D6033E084A1F.jpeg

4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Nice rig....real nice!

5. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Well luckily for all involved it looks as if you will be unemployed for a little while and hopefully take some very low grade job.
    It's amazing how a little misfortune can overcome the arrogant ungrateful negative and stupid drivel that keeps falling out of your head into your keyboard.
    Once you decide to be a more agreeable and sensible person I would not be surprised if you can get reasonable employment and maybe even have a friend.
    Good luck in your steep climb toward becoming a decent human being. The effort will be worth it.

dunchues, JonJon78, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    @Qbf594 That is if you are dazed enough to consider this garbage a job. You need to give up that wacky tobaccy.

7. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    I have family members with autism spectrum behaviors, as well as one sociopath. I don't know you except for what you posted.
    You are intelligent enough to formulate thoughts and use language, except even small children know that when asking other people for favors i.e. advice, experience, etc... It's not wise to be offensive or demeaning. Which you have done even after being called out on it. So either you cannot function socially, have a more serious character defect, or you just need a good swift swot up the backside. Which poverty is able to do for some.
    I will pray for you.

8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Which rolls off the tongue easier for you? "Would you like to make that a combo with fries and a drink?" Or "Welcome to Walmart". With your piss poor attitude that's about as good as you are gonna do... And before you hit me with the you consider this career a scam too lemme give you this. Retired UPS driver...started there at 17 and was able to make enough to retire by 37 and collect a pension...so yea....no good jobs or money to made. Have fun sweeping the fries up that fall on the floor buddy, with your attitude they probably won't even let you use a spatula.

BryE, dunchues and JonJon78 Thank this.
  9. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    @Qbf594 I pray for you to check into a drug rehab soon. Your rambling sure is hallucinogenic to me.

10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    This has been going on long enough. Nothing good here.

mitrucker, 88 Alpha, magoo68 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.