Payroll Deduction scam

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DillonJ, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Yes they hire rookies. You can go to their website and apply. They usually call back within a day or two, or you can call recruiting after you apply.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
  4. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @FlaSwampRat I would love a local job. Nobody seems to hire a rookie for a local job. I have applied for tens of jobs.

Jenn72 Thanks this.
  5. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @Jenn72 looks like they have their own CDL school. Usually, these types of companies only hire their own grads. But I call them tomorrow anyway.

6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    You aren't following up or interviewing well or something then. Food service and beverage hire no experience constantly. It's work but you will be home like you want.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's not a big deal really.

In my day it's tires. After a small number of payroll deductions of close to 300 dollars per tire that I cut, flat, ripped, blew up etc you learn to take care of your tires. Sometimes Ive repaired damage on my own money cash without the company being aware of it in those days computer networks tracking a tractor in the shop did not really exist then. So instead of being fired if you were out about a thousand dollars for alingment because you ran over something bad is better than being fired when the company learned of the damage.

HOWEVER. today? I will never sign that kind of paper in Orientation. No way. Its not my truck, not my title, not my insurance and so on. It's totally a company truck. All the damage is on them. They can fire me if they choose to do so. (And usually do... but sometimes they allow a high dollar accident to slide when the situation leading up to it in overall view is someone else's screw up. For example we got trapped in a HD store because the manager could not be bothered to deploy staffers to protect us as we made a garden delivery. His losses totaled over 15000 dollars in outside inventory trailers destroyed or damaged when we tried to get out. The following day we returned to finish delivery and this time the manager was outside with 10 staff to keep the people away from our rig so we can get out. Like he should have done the previous day. Lessons to be learned there. And I think he learned it well. FFE did not fire us or charge us with the damage. They just filled out the necessary situation reports and filed them. And that was that. Our next two employers were not aware of that high dollar accident for one it's on private property and two no one got hurt or killed or towed. These three are the biggies for any accident.

8. Jenn72

Jun 7, 2019
    If you want local we have a sister company called Koolshot. They are on that website I sent you to. It is driving box trucks.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @x1Heavy I am glad you think so. I will not sign nor will I work for a company that is going to make me their insurance company.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Jenn72

Jun 7, 2019
    They do have their own school. If you have a CDL but no experience in the last 3 years they will send you out for a refresher with a trainer. I think it will be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. Depends on how green you are.

11. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    You can train yourself to balance on one foot for 30 seconds. Why pay money for a personal trainer?
    Put a 2x4 flat on the floor, hold the counter top, put one foot on the board, pick the other one up.
    Keep practicing until you can stand on one foot without holding on for 60 seconds.
    My daughter taught herself how to walk at 9mos and taught herself how to ride a bicycle when she really wanted to learn.

The question is...do you *really* want to learn?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.