Payroll Deduction scam

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DillonJ, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    You are right about one thing though. Trucking is among the topmost dangerous jobs out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    Plus I have wrecked my $50k car before and all I paid was $250 deductible. WTF is the insurance there for? I am not their insurance company, this is a scam. It is not a job.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    You should be able to get a job in food service or delivering soda with the experience you have. Both of those sectors are known to hire and train people with little or no experience. I think you’ll keep running into the same issues you’ve experienced trying to work for a mega carrier.

And if most truckers you know live in poverty then you need to change who you associate with. You are the average of who you hang out with so stay out of the underperforming circles or they will drag you down to their level.

5. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Everything on there is fairly normal, other than that one open ended clause.

As I said, use it as a stepping stone if you wish. If not, keep looking.

Sorry if previous post seemed harsh. Been a long week of looking at wrecks. And it ain't even bad weather yet.

6. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    If you are on a job with a similar contract, I would quit right away and look for a real job.

7. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @Long FLD that is exactly one of the reasons I quit the last company. To me, they were losers, not a place to hang around among other reasons.

What you said is music to my ears. Thank you. That gives me hope

Long FLD Thanks this.
  8. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    IF I was on that contract, and it was the only thing I could get, I'd risk it for a year and be gone to something better.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @Oor I am not risking it for a minute. I am not their F*** insurance company. I am calling them up telling them tomorrow either send me a waiver or F*** off.

10. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Lol

Or that.

11. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Run the hell away from that company seems like they must be one of those 1099 companies that nickel and dime you. I true w2 company driver is not responsible for any damage that’s what the company insurance is for. When you hit something all they can do is fire you...NOW if you want to keep the job and want to be on the boss’s good side you can voluntarily offer to pay the deductible. But that’s the perks of being a company driver; you get less pay but when #### hits the fan it’s going to corporate’s feet not yours.

Numb, FlaSwampRat and DillonJ Thank this.
  12. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Only in trucking would someone be happy to pay company expenses and call it "normal".
    Sorry, if the company doesn't want to pay company expenses then they shouldn't employee anyone and the owner needs to be a sole proprietor (O/O for trucking).
    Plus, as others stated, in some states that clause is illegal. Why would I want to work for a company that even before I'm employed I know they are breaking the law?

As for the op, simply call them and say you refuse to sign that and will that be a problem. They may need drivers enough they will not force it. Of course there are better companies out there.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    FlaSwampRat and DillonJ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.