Payroll Deduction scam

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DillonJ, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DillonJ

DillonJ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    @seagreg Only an idiot would work for an outlaw. That includes roughly half the people on this forum. The sad thing is that the industry as a whole values experience working for these fraud trucking companies and look down upon folks who give them the middle finger and walk out on them.

Which to me is a backhanded compliment and I am finding out that outside of tucking industry folks show appreciation toward my sentiment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    C'mon dude, you drove for five weeks and then got pre hired by a mega and now the whole industry sucks? I'm on your side that it's bs what they wanted you to sign but now you are just starting to cry and make stuff up. I've never worked a non hourly job, never had to sign any of that stuff, have a pension, and guess what....there a a ton of guys like me out there and jobs like that. Just because you tried a mega and it didn't fit your wants and needs doesn't mean the sky is falling. You are #####ing worse than the old guys lol.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    There are plenty of jobs out there that won’t make you sign this nonsense. Some of us agree with your choice to not sign it, there’s no need to run down the entire industry because a few posters here have gotten under your skin. You have limited experience but that doesn’t mean you have to eat turd sandwiches to “pay your dues”. Many of us have never worked for a mega, you can get a start somewhere too. Maybe take a few days and get away from the negativity here and start a fresh search next week.

Bean Jr., DillonJ, Numb and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    lol, Your'e terrible

Sounds like you need a pacifier job,because your crying right now...........Go hit the Playstation 4 for a few hours,Then tomorrow morning,Wake up- Have your girlfriend make you some malt-o-meal.....Then Go apply at the Foodservice Jobs or Union LTL companies- That way they wont deduct anything from you.

After your all done for the day- You can put the Binky back in your mouth.

6. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @stayinback I have looked into YRC, ABF, Old Dominion, none of them have openings at the moment. Any other ones you can think of that I can try in the Dallas area?

I have also applied for Tyson, Fisher59, and Bennie Keith, Mc Lane never heard back from any of them. Can you suggest some other ones for me to try? Thx bro

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    YRC has a driver position listed in Irving. Have you tried calling any of the companies checking on your application?

8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Not Really- I mean I dont even know where you live-

If you were around me- I could get you into plenty of Good jobs- Jobs that'll Have you Working a Dock,Driving, Driving a Spotter-etc.

Those are Good Jobs- Not just signing stupid contracts-Packing an overnight bag for 3 weeks- Then getting paid on Friday of $473.67 because you have deductions ....

Don't even think about a Mega driving position- They all Dont care about you and "use" you to keep their customers satisfied,Then Dump you out for so many "legal" and questionable reasons.

Long FLD and DillonJ Thank this.
  9. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @JonJon78 I called them last week and was told they don't have one.

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Plenty of driving jobs in the Dallas area, no doubt... Maybe drive around some of the industrial areas and write down names/numbers you see on the day cab trucks and start calling around... Not too difficult for someone that's eager to get a job...

Good luck

DillonJ Thanks this.
  11. DillonJ

Jun 16, 2019
    @stayinback medium size trucking companies like the last one I had aren't any better. I have been just filling out applications from job boards. But most of these jobs are never-ending type jobs. They just keep reposting and nothing ever happens when you apply to them.

I got another pre-employment offer from another mega. But I just have to see what their contract/Paperwork looks like. You are right about one thing I have a hard time getting excited about shacking up with a nasty stinking trainer on the road for weeks at a time for $500 a week only to graduate into solo $600 a week job just to gain enough experience for my ultimate goal of a local job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.