Pedigree One View-two thumbs down!

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by shogun, Jul 13, 2017.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    We recently switched from the Qualcomm mcp50 to the Pedigree Oneview elog software. This thing sucks, it's not user friendly at all. You have to input almost all status changes and put in notes, it seems to freeze up all the time, and some of the buttons on the touch screen don't function. These are brand new Samsung tablets. Today, for example I had it with the software freezing up and left the yard and took my chances entering the form and manner info after I got to my first stop. This system will put you on driving from on duty if you reach 5 mph, but if you go to on duty "yard move", you can drive 65 mph on the interstate and it shows you on duty still unless you manually change it. You can edit driving time too.

In the scheme of things, unless changes are made, this will cost me time every day. Half the time you touch the buttons on the touch screen they don't respond, then it will do all the things you asked consecutively. As bad as the Qualcomm sucked, I would take it anyway over this headache.

YETI1 and fargonaz Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Is it tethered to the truck? If it's tethered to the truck, communicating with the ECM, you should not be able to edit line 3. We use Big Road, had a meeting with them recently, if the ELD is communicating with the trucks ECM, it's illegal for editing on Line 3, unless it's done by an Administrator. Ours switched to driving at 5 mph or after 20 sec., Yard move will go any speed, up to 5 miles (supposedly this is a legal requirement).

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    It is tethered to the truck and has Bluetooth connectivity too. I'm not sure why it will allow the edit on driving unless it's because it and the yard move can be interchangeable in case you forgot to put it on duty yard move. I'm just really frustrated with how slowly it responds and how much extra info I have to put in.

5. Mlaughtland

Mlaughtland Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2020
    How do you find out what hours your getting back by midnight when going off of your 70 hos recap?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.