Penalized for being honest.. Dot physical

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rolltidebama, Dec 8, 2018.

1. TexasHoney

TexasHoney Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Thanks Zvar.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @TexasHoney
    In trucking, never reveal anything, unless at gunpoint.
    Many drivers have been on this forum that sabotaged their trucking career by talking too much.

snowwy Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah China this goes the other way, drivers have a tendency not to tell about important things.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. TexasHoney

Dec 7, 2020

6. TexasHoney

Dec 7, 2020
    Scar you was exactly right. Two different situation. It is now a month later and God helped me through this situation and I didn't have to lie. Here is what happened, I called around until this one lady answered at this one clinic and she said, "I know this situation, here is what we do, we drug test you on the spot and if you are clean then we can continue with the physical..." So that's what happened. I passed the drug test and got certified. The name of the clinic was TexasDotServices.com and they got offices in Fort Worth and Dallas, I went to the one in Dallas off of Royal Lane close to 35, the people were kind and professional, it only took about an hour and the price was only 70 dollars. So thanks to the Lord Jesus for helping navigate through this and actually today I passed all the test and got my permit today, now i need to figure out how I am going to pay to rent a truck while I continue to work for Target Temporary in west Dallas. Any company that might hire me with a permit as a doc worker or something or maybe put me with a trainer or in school? Anyhow thanks

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. TexasHoney

Dec 7, 2020
    Zvar not Scar sorry for the typo

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This one is in Saginaw.
    Warehouse to Driver Program | Drive for Dot | Dot ...
    Warehouse to Driver Program | Drive for Dot | Dot Transportation, Inc.
    At Dot, we found that for some people who have never been a truck driver before, entering the industry can be intimidating. So, we created the Warehouse to Driver Program —a gradual transition program that allows employees to get used to Dot and the way we function in the warehouse before attending driving school and then, ultimately ...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You may still have a problem when you apply to a trucking company, if your physical long form shows you've failed a drug test in the past. Pray it's not on the form. It's getting more and more difficult to find companies that hire SAP graduates.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    He never failed a drug test. He's put on his medical form that he took drugs in the last 2 years, you know answering honestly.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's somewhat better, but some companies won't hire a driver even for that.
    Shouldn't have admitted to anything.
    Could still be a problem, but I hope not.
    A few drivers on this forum have said they were sent home for admitting they've ever used weed.

ZVar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.