Penalized for being honest.. Dot physical

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rolltidebama, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    More states are going to decriminalize it with each election cycle until sentiment changes and feds are forced to follow suit. Other drugs will follow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    There you have it!
    Work at the local pizza shop. Smoke all day in the bathroom.
    Being a pot head isn’t gonna end well for your career as a trucker only becuase there is a zero tolerance for it with cdl and dot. No matter what state you live in. It’s illegal becuase the government says so. I don’t agree with everything the government says but guess what, it’s my choice to live here and I love every minute of living here. Please I don’t want anyone to say “thank you for your service” but I’m a military veteran as well and proud to have served this country and government. We have it better here than anywhere else on this planet but people still cry and complain like babies. Go some where else and complain about their laws and get your head cut the hell off. Spoon fed liberal babies

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    True dat!

thelushlarry Thanks this.
  5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Honesty in trucking? That's silly. Why would one assume honesty there when it's not in Law Enforcement, it's not in politics, it's not in stocks, banking or car dealerships. It's not when in court, it's not in religion, it's not in marriage...it's not in being a lawyer, honesty isn't the best policy in a lot of things. Go figure. I've been lied to all these years! Son of a #####!

Why would there be honesty in trucking?

;)

An yea...go make pizzas if your going to smoke. Them stoners get crazy creative. ;)

Just don't be like the idiot at my local subway the other day..so high he couldn't make a simple sub. I had to tell him to let the girl make cause he was to eff'd up. An no..he wasn't on pot. Easy to tell when people do hard drugs.

Ah..another one pills got young.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Doughnuts are a gateway food. First you eat a doughnut next thing you know your licking a bowl bagels were made in.

frizzbees Thanks this.
  6. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Of course I live in a illegal pot state, but most places of employment, not just trucking, will fire you for it.

Just about everywhere I know of, if you are even remotely involved in a workplace accident, the first thing they will make you do is pee in a cup. You get hurt at work and can’t pee clean, you’ll likely be paying your own Dr bills, won’t get any workman’s comp or unemployment, and be looking for a job when you get healed.

Just don’t do it, even if you live in a legal state. What good comes out of it?

7. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Maybe But most of the mega companies want you to get a new one during orientation.

I just had a recent physical in November. The same company is requiring another in January as I switch divisions. Plus new drug test, hair and urine.

8. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Fun and relaxation and pain relief to name a few.

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, I happen to live in a state where it's legal, and one of the downsides, is most places still drug test, and the paper is loaded with jobs, good jobs too. Nobody can pass the drug rest. I wondered how something like this could get passed, and apparently, more people wanted it than didn't. They are building schools and hospitals, paving our roads, and my healthcare is free( to seniors) all thanks to the taxes paid. It's pretty hard to turn a cheek to the billion dollars a year it pulls in. Oh, and all the cops have brand new cruisers too. As more states legalize it ( 4 more this last election) it's definitely something that's going to have to be fine tuned. It's not going away.

x1Heavy and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I believe employers are beginning to say simply "Eff this" to all the painful negative results and just hire someone who has a little something in the situation and not too scary.

When working for the auction house I had a bottle of oxycodone in the pocket and the boss said we don't care in those days because your doctor signed you off and you are a CDL holder. (As if the good witch of the west somehow thinks this precious gilded CDL is some sort of protection against heavy drinking, being wasted or otherwise actively engaging in very big time debauchery and carousing at night.

11. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I’m glad I only use alcohol. It’s not a drug and has no negative side affects

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.