Penalized for being honest.. Dot physical

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rolltidebama, Dec 8, 2018.

1. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    :rolleyes:...Oh your one of those guys? Now it's making sense.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    One of the guys that doesn’t support the “War on Drugs”? Yeah, that’s me.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    In non-trucking jobs, it’s the insurance companies that are mostly pushing it. Right or wrong, their thinking is that a claim is more likely if employees have drugs in their system.

5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    The main difference in pot and alcohol is, as long as alcohol is in your system, you are under the influence of it. With pot, it can still be on your system, but you are no longer high.

As far as I know, if a cop does a sobriety test, and it shows pot in your system, there is no way of knowing if you smoked pot an hour ago or a day ago.

6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    You speak the truth!! Lol Shame On you

thelushlarry Thanks this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’d like to see Mandatory Drug Testing for anyone running or holding any Public Office.Start at the Top for enforcing laws along with all Federal employees participating in SS instead of special retirement program.Same with healthcare. Let them fend for themselves in the Market like I do instead of getting it for free paid by my tax dollars. One term Senator gets free health ins for life. What a joke

8. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    They need to practice what they preach.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Not this employer. Even if we wanted to...which we sure don't...we can't hire somebody who does drugs.
    Druggies by their very nature are duplitious. Most of the ones I've run across are liars and thieves. We don't need that and we won't have it.

Grumppy and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hear you. Local papers have talked about this trend in general; deciding to ignore drug results and incarceration history. The economy is cracking locally because there are no bodies suitable to put behind a cash register. Or sometimes buying robots for same.

11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    That's just not so. Many drug users fly below the radar, pot specifically, has a huge following, and even you may be surprised who uses it. Testing obviously takes care of that today, otherwise, you may never know. Many fell through the cracks for years, and employers never knew it. They didn't kill anyone, and some have impressive records, to boot. In Colorado, it's very subdued. You don't see people dressed in rags, stumbling around aimlessly, with pipes in their mouths, it's still against the law for it to be in public or in a vehicle. One of the dispenseries is right next to the laundromat, and while my clothes are spinning, I see who comes and goes. It's not all rusty Camry's running a space saver spare tire. Lincoln Navigators and new pickups and everything in-between. It has no place in a truck, but like I said earlier, I get free healthcare,( for seniors) and a host of other benefits, in part because of it. They want to bring their money here and puff away in private and I get free BP meds, fine by me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    x1Heavy and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.