Pensions for company drivers

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yeah, that whole "if anything" part would an issue. 159 a month is better than a kick in the ### I guess but that's about it.

dwells40 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Most of us need a backup plan for retirement.
    Set up your own pension plan through a credit union or the federal bank that deals with military veterans.
    Buy some rental property and make it stress free by letting a real estate management company take care of it.
    I know one guy that by the time he was around 27 years old, had 5 rentals within the city limits of Las Vegas.
    The coming recession/depression will be a good time to buy cheap, but high quality, rental property.
    My wife is already tracking some places on Zillow website.
    Her brain is geared for numbers, statistics and trends, so she makes it look simple to track real estate and the future value of certain investments.
    For example, take the number sequence 4,8,5,3,9,7,6; she and all her friends in China can look at that number sequence briefly, a few seconds, and it's then in their brain like a photograph. They can remember it 30 seconds later or days later. All her friends work in finance at various levels. They're all women.
    Dining room table covered with papers with nothing but numbers on them. All I see is mumbo-jumbo numbers, but she reads it like a book.
    Getting off topic, but, yeah, start a pension program unrelated to anything the company offers and you'll be ok in retirement.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.