PEPSI OR COCA COLA !!!

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Jmelendez1223, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    It’s not the good old days in the beverage industry, that’s for sure. It’s just getting harder and harder and the work gets more grueling as they introduce new products to try to make up for all the cases of 12 packs and 2 liters they don’t sell anymore.

12 packs and 2 liters are easy- throw em on the shelf and go. It’s all the cooler bullcrap that eats up all your time. That and scanning and staging. Having 18 year old kids treat you like crap and make you wait to get scanned is beyond frustrating.

but the job is convenient for you right now, so just use it to sharpen your backing skills and when the time is right, bolt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jmelendez1223

Jmelendez1223 Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2019
    i agree with you that waiting to be scanned sucks i like doing the drops and go lol

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Do you want to haul a product that tastes sweet and delicious, or haul a product that tastes like dirt an mildew?

buddyd157 and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  5. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Waiting 20-30 minutes at a dollar general to check in 75-100cs orders is what finally did me in.

BigDog Trucker and Jmelendez1223 Thank this.
  6. Jmelendez1223

Jul 29, 2019
    lolol omg tell me about and sometimes some of these places have u bolts and they wont let you use them atleast in coke they have those new machines to make the job helpful but yea guys today they cut me off while on prbation because they said i didnt knew how to mess with the handheld Which makes no sense... its not my fault the people who was training me didnt really care to teach they would pretty much look at it as a helper and one thing too was because since they i started they hired like 6 more guys and they all catched up fast
    pepsi is a joke i tell you ! Even the fleet manager been having this pick with me since i started i have no clue why . Maybe because im quiet and im just there ready to work not #### chat with coworkers idk but hopefully i can find another company that would hire me since i only have 1 month of exp smh

LPjunior1970 Thanks this.
  7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I don't do any of that, I Hook up to a trailer that needs to be returned to and reloaded by Bakersfield, Pretrip it, Leave Mojave, CA. Drive over Tehachapi to Bakersfield, back it into the dock, drop it, Hook to a trailer they have already loaded, make sure it's sealed and locked. drag it back over the mountain drop it in Mojave on the ready line, hook to another westbound trailer and repeat.
    Our route drivers seem to think I have a rough job, I think it could not get much easier. Bakersfield and Mojave have a low turn rate, the drivers here seem to think it's a pretty good gig. If I did leave shuttle/transport it would only be for bulk deliveries.

Jmelendez1223 Thanks this.
  8. Jmelendez1223

Jul 29, 2019
    that sounds like a good job lol that is something i would wanna do

9. Jmelendez1223

Jul 29, 2019
    and i would of love if pepsi would of gave me to do a bulk those guys got it nice and easy for them but pretty much they go based on senority so its hard

10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    we need a bakersfield driver, senority has nothing to do with running shuttles, unless someone with more wanted it also. But most drivers want nothing to do with it. Seems easy to me.

11. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    I don’t get that. At EVERY soda operation I’ve ever seen or heard of transport was the ULTIMATE goal! Guys start out on the route trucks and hope to get bulk- if you’re lucky and have been there for a awhile (30 plus years) a transport gig will open up.

In my experience, your situation is not the norm. I’d be all over it though. It’s a great situation for you, that’s for sure!

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.