Pepsi Trucks Automatic or 10 Speed?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by J-Dub, Jul 18, 2017.

1. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Hello all. Got an interview Thursday for Pepsi. Quick question about their trucks. Are they automatic or 10 speed? Either one is fine but if they are automatics I would hate to lose my 10 speed skills. Know what I mean? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirtruett79

sirtruett79 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2016
    GA.
    I worked with Pepsi for a little over a yr out of Rome GA and they had mostly Automatics one 10 and 2 13 but your not a driver at Pepsi lol you run your ### off

J-Dub Thanks this.
  4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    How long have you been driving? My opinion is that the ability to shift will never totally go away if you've done it for around a year, or maybe even less time than that. You may be rusty, but it's kinda like riding the proverbial bike, as long as you've etched the skill into habit and muscle memory.

If you can shift now naturally without thinking about it or trying very hard, you'll always be able to get a manual truck down the road no matter how long you've been away from it. Just my opinion, anyway.

bbechtel16, Cardfan89 and J-Dub Thank this.
  5. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Sounds good thanks. I've been driving since April of this year and it's been all 10 speed freightliners. So hopefully, like you said, I will be able to switch back to a 10 should the need arise and maybe not be too rusty. I can understand their need for an automatic. All that city driving. And yep everyone tells me they bust their ##### on a daily basis. But it's pretty good money (grand a week) so I'll have to suck it up. Are the trucks at least air conditioned? Lol.

n8dwgphx Thanks this.
  6. n8dwgphx

n8dwgphx Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Phx, Az
    The older trucks are stick, barely any A/C, and the newer INT's are all auto and good A/C. They have some good jobs you can move into bulk and OTR. Keep an eye out for any openings at Frito Lay, its easier to transfer over once hired on with pepsi.

J-Dub Thanks this.
  7. J-Dub

J-Dub Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Georgia, USA
    Bulk and OTR definitely sound good from my research. Glad they have opportunities to move forward in the company.

8. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    We have DD13s with the 12 speed automatic transmissions. The only time we use a 10 speed is when Penske does not have another automatic loaner truck .

9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    Depends what you're doing. If you're bulk (lol, doubtful in the beginning) you'll be driving a 10 speed with icy cold AC. If you're running a sideloader (most likely) it'll be an automatic with no AC. Sorry

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  10. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    i feel ac is more luck of the draw some trucks on the sideloaders have good ac that works some didnt just my opinion as for bulk yes ac always works

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.