Personal dispatch services

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Roadrunner26, Aug 25, 2010.

1. dlstruck

dlstruck Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Oh I'm in WA. Can I get her contact info?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014

Sure, just PM me...

4. fslav

fslav Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Hey I'm very interested in her dispatch services. Can you send me an email at felya@outlook.com ?

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

5. Liquidforce

Liquidforce Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Savannah GA
    @boredsocial tried to send you a message but your settings are prohibiting it. Can you PM me please.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I remember seeing in another thread, that you want to pay fair market price. What is your idea and expectations on how much a truck should make? Lets say Mon-Fr on 2500-3000 miles

7. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I can't really answer this and stay within the lines about advertising. Most of the edge I can generate comes from the combination of relatively better unloading/loading on some (not all! I'm not a miracle worker... Georgia produce sheds in May-June all suck almost without exception) produce loads and slightly better rates on the produce part.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    When you gonna be talking to carriers, thats not the answer they want to hear. For example my weekly goal is $4000 after fuel running dry van, leaving Monday and coming back home Friday night (not only my goal, but lots of people I know have and do the same target in weekly revenue). So if you can provide work to generate that revenue, you should not have many troubles getting carriers to work with you, otherwise people would come and go every few weeks. Since you are talking about dispatching people with their own MC's, they would drop your fair market value load and get a higher paying one from loadboard.
    Honestly, I think the only way you can do it, is to become a trucking company and sign people up under your MC or just do brokerage. This whole independent dispatching thing is a mess to deal with

9. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah I definitely get that people have weekly revenue targets that they want hit. They can take a load from the loadboard if they want, but I'm taking the 9% either way because it's setup as being the fee for factoring.

One of the reasons why dispatch is such a lousy business is that trucks routinely get juicy direct freight to terrible places like CO/FL/MA and then expect the dispatchers to find them freight back out for a %... as though that was in any danger of being fair. That's truly having your cake and eating it too. If people want that the only way the dispatcher can operate is fee per load, which creates a whole new set of problems (namely that dispatchers suddenly discover that they couldn't care less what the freight pays as long as the truck takes it).

Maybe I do need to create my own trucking company and just lease people onto it. How does that usually work exactly?

10. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You set up a trucking company, drive a truck yourself while your wife runs brokerage. After few months, If you still think its a good idea, go to Craigslist and other job posting websites, see how other people advertise and create your own hiring ad.

11. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Yeah that's not happening lol. My wife couldn't run the brokerage by herself in a million years. The brokerage side of the business is going to need 3 people at 60 hours a week from early May to the end of November in 2017. And those people will only be able to get it all done because one of those people is me and I cover freight like Lebron plays basketball.

If I started a trucking company it would either be a pure leasing on operation with 10-20 trucks or 5-10 company trucks. Much less and it doesn't really make any impact on the number of loads I can cover and that's the main reason for doing it.

EDIT: Honestly I'd be in the market to buy a trucking company if I knew anything about running a trucking company. Unfortunately what I know about the trucks themselves could fit on a business card. Way outside my circle of competence. Finding them loads and making sure they get paid on time on the other hand is something I'm pretty comfortable with.

Hell my dirty little secret is that I'm not even 100% firm on HOS rules. I just figure my trucks can generally make 500 miles a day and I ask them politely if they are going to need to reset during the run. I'm not responsible for keeping log books and I only ask questions that I need to ask for liability reasons... So I've actually never had a good reason to really get into the nitty gritty of it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.