Personal Protection

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Picinisco, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Snow Monster

Snow Monster Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I never go anywhere without protection.
    My weapon of choice is the Durex Tropical, keeps you safe and tastes good too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    i thought VA is a public property

4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    VA property is covered by title 38 CFR 1.218 and in that code section under (a)(13) you will find this!

(13) Weapons and explosives. No person while on property shall carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, except for official purposes.

I refuse to get drawn into any debate about the VA and firearms.

5. HighwaySuperTramp

HighwaySuperTramp Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Some guy tried to mug me between two trailers.

Rookie mistake on my part, can't remember where I was but it was before I started buying bottled water and was still buying it by the gallon. Needless to say I needed to go back to the store and buy another gallon of water. He wasn't armed, or at least I don't think he was. He got wet though.

I should mention I used to be a body guard and a bouncer. I was trained to hurt people quickly, and semi-temporarily/semi-permanently disable people both with and without the use of my hands. Both without weapons.

Now I just use the cheap $9 tire beater wrapped in tape as a deterrent. Unless the guy has a knife I still prefer to use my bare hands. Last time I was in Quebec a guy came after me with a pipe. I dropped everything in my hands instinctively and ended up chasing him.

Was taught that if you use a weapon past a certain point you can be charged, and in the moment you can lose track of just how far your taking something and get in trouble. If he has a blunt object and you merc him with your hands it's defense.

Canadian btw.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.