Pete 379 dump pricing!?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by nick7110, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You're going to find that just about every used truck for sale has a rebuilt engine.

Pretty much every truck around my neighborhood has a rebuilt.

The GVW of 72k is irrelevant. It's a 15 ton truck load. Fully grossed comes in around 56k. Depending on weight of the truck and bridge law.

$35G is wayyyyyyy too much. But seems to be about the going rate with a few ounces of gold thrown in.

There's a couple in my hood for more money. And there's a couple for much less money with replaced engines. One could buy and add a drop axle for less money.

I don't know what state your in. Around here. The cops are cracking down hard on trucks without tarps.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  4. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    No offense snowy but are you in the triaxle bussiness?
    The maximum weight for that truck is whatever the maximum is for triaxle. General is about 73k this one is 73280. Just like most states. The maximum that truck can handle give or take a few pounds depending on Tare weight with steel bed is 23 ton to 23 and a half ton for a pay load. Where are you getting this 15 ton capacity from. You must be looking at a different truck than what was posted. Truck has a auto tarping system and lift axle. You aren’t gonna get a clean pete 379 triaxle dump truck preemissions for any cheaper than 35-30k anywhere.
    If you are thinking this was a 10 wheeler with 15 ton capacity and no target system than I could agree with you all day long

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    A typical 10 wheeler is only good for 12 tons.
    A tri is good for 15 tons.
    Add an extra drop for a total of 5 axles and it's 17 tons.

PAYLOAD

I drove dump trucks before the economy crashed. The truck I drove for 7 years. Had a max weight of 56k loaded. It was a tri. 15 ton payload

1 of the trucks i talked about also states 15 tons on his add.

Now, it might have more hauling in other states. But that's the limits around here.

And also. Let's be realistic. You're never going to get 23 tons of payload in them trucks. And if you could. Imagine how high that load of dirt would be.

THe load needs to be below the walls or you get a ticket. 15 tons is pushing the limit. For some dump beds.

And yes. I currently pull a tri trailer with a 4 axle truck.

Sorry. I didn't see the tarp at first on the add.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You need a 10 wheel END dump to haul 22 tons.

CTS, 28' ft. Rock Master - end dump | eBay

The truck posted isn't an end dump. It's just a regular dump truck. It don't have the bridge or capacity for 22 tons.

7. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Where is this you live bro. I’m a triaxle owner operator in pa. We are registered for 73280. Next door in Jersey it is 80k.
    You absolutely cannot leave any quarry or blacktop plant over loaded. We haule 23 or more ton and go across the scales at maximum weight. The weights you describe are for a 10 wheeler. You are confusing the hell out of me. Yes we get dot stopped from time to time but they don’t even brake out the scales to check axle weights like you tractor drivers. Our tickets from the plant or quarry are sufficient most the time. Again, what weird state you from where a lift axle doesn’t allow you 73 k pounds

Ruthless and snowwy Thank this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'll have to post a pic.

I just remembered a 6 axle dump can haul 22 tons.

There's 1 company that has those. 2 drops in front of drives with a swing arm drop on the back. Extends the bridge I think 5 feet.

Some of the trucks around here actually have the tons labeled on the side.

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    B591B31E-7887-4C98-B477-B3BFFE928D8A.jpeg
    I had this C 12 cranked up to 475

10. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Ok I think we getting somewhere. I have seen those on west coast or farther west. No such vehicles in the surrounding states. We don’t require that many axles to haul that tonnage. Just looked up the truck from this post. That truck can legally haul 73k with one lift axle in the state it is registered.

snowwy Thanks this.
  11. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Little light with this load.
    But here’s one of my tickets with triaxle

Attached Files:

snowwy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.