pete 384 windshield washer motor

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by btopping, Jan 13, 2021.

1. btopping

btopping Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2021
    I have a 12 peterbilt 384 that the windshield washer motor doesn't work. The plug for the motor has good 12 volts when motor is unplugged. However it loses voltage under load when hooked back up to the motor. Washer fluid motor runs fine when tested with a battery on bench. I have checked ground multiple ways and determined it to be fine. I have replaced both relays that have to do with wipers behind the dash, however can't find a wiring diagram to determine if these have anything to do with the actual windshield washer motor. Fuses are all fine, I feel like their must be a relay somewhere that I am losing amperage through under load that goes to the washer motor. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Is the resevoir mounted on the Radiator?

4. btopping

btopping Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes it is mounted on the radiator.

5. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    Pull test the wires within a foot of the connector at the pump. Common for vibration to break the copper inside the insulation.

Share your VIN and private email and I will get you schematics.

6. btopping

btopping Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2021
  7. Goodysnap

Jul 12, 2017
    Drawing sent.

btopping and pushbroom Thank this.
  8. max954rr

max954rr Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2022
    Hey did you get the problem fixed and did your intermediate wiper setting work for you I don't know if it called intermediate but I'm having the same issue with my t680 there pretty much alike so if you can help me It would be very appreciated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.